vortex0178

Where to find Mil-Surp Rifles in North Jersey?

this guy had one SKS a few months back-not really a store/shop per say but does sell guns. I dont remember the specifics of the SKS but he's close by off Goffle Rd and maybe a quick phone call could tell you whats what. Look him up, post #131 under the pinned FFL"s in Ranges & Gun Shops topic.

Actually, I'd be curious to know the answer to this in South Jersey....

As for SKSes, they tend to pop up from time to time. I wanted one for a while. You could always look on gunbroker, and have it shipped to a local FFL holder-gunsmith, and get the magazine pinned.

Walt up at Hacketstown gets some nice stuff in all the time ,, ask him to call you if something pops up.

Or up in mount bethel PA, stop in at the furniture depot Jim had 2 the last time I was there.

Both are great guys to deal with

And yes the 2 in the classifieds here look nice ,,no tax and NICS fees it a plus

Walt up at Hacketstown gets some nice stuff in all the time ,, ask him to call you if something pops up.

Or up in mount bethel PA, stop in at the furniture depot Jim had 2 the last time I was there.

Both are great guys to deal with

And yes the 2 in the classifieds here look nice ,,no tax and NICS fees it a plus

Agreed, Walt is a great guy and always has good stuff in there. Let him know what you are looking for and he can keep an eye out for you. I think he may still have an SKS in now, I saw one when i picked up a rifle about 2 weeks ago. Give him a call and check, or I can stop in and look for you.

I went to mount bethel shop last weekend, he had 2 sks but both of them were touched by budda :facepalm:

Plus:Great guy to talk, prices ok and has tons of knowledge but the good rare stuff go to Eric

You can have better luck if you hit the gun shows, I see plenty of sks for low $200 and in the last Oaks show (dansammo) had Yugo sks without bayonet for $170

Dans ammo in western PA http://www.dansammo.com/firearms.asp has some perfect, almost unfired, all matching Yugo SKSs for $325 with all of the trimmings. A $50 transfer fee at Lincoln Park hardware includes the NICS check, so you're looking at an SKS for under $400 that will be one of the nicest that you can possibly find.

I haven't been there in years but, Surplus city near langhorne PA had a good selection. Sarco is also good.

South Jersey: I've found a limited supply of surplus in Bobs little sports shop, Butches in Vineland and Belleplain Supply. I have yet to find a really good milsurp supplier in south jersey.

you can try and post a WTB ad here.

Remember a $300 sks on the gunbroker can cost as much as $386($30 shipping, $40 transfer, $16.05 NICS). The ones J0n was selling here were great deal!!

In the Allentown this past weekend i saw a Russian SKS that was sold for close to $500( NJ guy bought it)