irishpete

Am I wrong

So looking at the substantially identical statue :

i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

So any semi-automatic rifle which does not have a detachable magazine like the SKS would not have to play the evil features game and could have all of them on it and still be NJ legal.

Opinion ?

So looking at the substantially identical statue :

So any semi-automatic rifle which does not have a detachable magazine like the SKS would not have to play the evil features game and could have all of them on it and still be NJ legal.

Opinion ?

you are correct . the only illegal SKS are the ones with the AK style rock and lock mags.

You'll find nothing in Nj statutes that say anything about C&R. As long as you keep the stock non-detachable magazine with the SKS anything goes. However you still need to pay attention to 922r requirements.

THIS

you are correct . the only illegal SKS are the ones with the AK style rock and lock mags.

Sorry for being thick, but I'm confused. the "lock and rock" mags, what do you mean by that? I thought that SKS with any sort of detachable boxmags were illegal. If I bought one that had a detachable magazine, I would be committing a crime, but it's only ones with a certain type of magazine?

I don't know what the hell lock and rock mags are, but an SKS that can accept detachable magazines is illegal. An SKS with a fixed magazine is legal, and you can do whatever you want too t.

per being a "named assault weapon"

Algimec AGM1 type

Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the "Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"

Armalite AR-180 type

Australian Automatic Arms SAR

Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms

Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms

Bushmaster Assault Rifle

Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900

CETME G3

Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type

Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series

Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types

Demro TAC-1 carbine type

Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types

FAMAS MAS223 types

FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms

Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns

G3SA type

Galil type

Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1

Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms

M1 carbine type

M14S type

MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9 mm carbine type firearms

PJK M-68 carbine type

Plainfield Machine Company Carbine

Ruger K-Mini-14/5 F and Mini-14/5 RF

SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types

SKS with detachable magazine type

Spectre Auto carbine type

Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type

Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types

Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms

USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun

Uzi type semi-automatic firearms

Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms

Weaver Arm Nighthawk;

"Rock & Lock" are mags made to be used with a standard SKS minus the fixed mag and with or without a duckbill adapter installed on the rifle or part of the mag itself. According the SKS forums, Tapco makes the best, supposedly. In any case, the SKS with ANY sort of detachable mag (modified or SKS-M) is illegal by name under the NJ AWB.

If you have an SKS with a fixed mag, you can put a PG+ adjustable stock, flash suppressor, etc, what-ever, keeping in mind 922r.

Basically, stock SKS with the hinged box mag are OK in Jersey. To my knowledge, the only stock configued SKS that is banned in Jersey was made in China. It came stock with the AK mag setup.

Guess this just shows my ignorance of SKSes. I always thought the mags were stationary, like the one on a Mosin, and you simply fed it with strippers. So how does it work, it's on a hinge, and swings open for loading?

Would 922r even come into play on an SKS with a fixed mag? I thought that 922r was only a concern on rifles that can accept "high cap" mags - think Saiga, all Russian parts because it can't take a mag over 10 rounds without modification.

922R only counts if you take the gun out of it's imported sporterized configuration.

• Like 1