johnp

Got my Florida CCW

The photo on mine looks sorta like Nick Nolte's mugshot..... lol.

Don't even get me started on pictures, geez shaggy hair and shaggy beard, I look like a pale taliban. :unsure:

Outstanding.

Is the Florida the best permit to get reguarding reciprocity? Or is there a better State. I sure wish my Sister's could carry. I would pay for thier weapons and training.

Thanks,

Lou

I believe on shear numbers FL. offers the most. Alot of guys who travel extensively will pick up every non-resident permit they can get. Utah requires a special training course, but is cheaper to renew and expires in 7 years I believe, to FL. 5years. Someone will jump in with better info I'm sure.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Outstanding.

Is the Florida the best permit to get reguarding reciprocity? Or is there a better State. I sure wish my Sister's could carry. I would pay for thier weapons and training.

Thanks,

Lou

Depends on where you want to be covered. If you want to go to FL, you (NJ resident) need to have FL. Otherwise, I'd suggest AZ http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/ ...almost identical reciprocity at half the FL cost. Same training acccepted...or if you already have a permit that required training that will suffice.

Yeah. An NJ resident needs Florida to go to Florida. You need AZ to carry in Nevada. Both are common destinations. Other than that, Florida, Utah, and AZ are simlar with a few exceptions unique to each. You can create a license map at handgunlaw.us among other places.

I don't like saying much about this topic but check this out. I recieved my Florida CCW yesterday in the mail, took about 50 days, everything done thru guns for hire. Now this same week after waiting 9 months and one week I finally got my FID and 2 P2P how crazy is that. Unreal. Passaic county.

I don't like saying much about this topic but check this out. I recieved my Florida CCW yesterday in the mail, took about 50 days, everything done thru guns for hire. Now this same week after waiting 9 months and one week I finally got my FID and 2 P2P how crazy is that. Unreal. Passaic county.

it is beyond absurd... completely ridiculous that you can apply for a license to CARRY a gun in a state you do not live in.. without even showing up.. yet in the state you call home.. pay taxes in.. it takes almost a year to just be "allowed" to BUY a gun.. yeah.. part of the reason I left NJ.. the level of incompetence is absurd..

• Like 1