Sign in to follow this  
intercooler

jersey legal versions of uzi or m14

I wondered if there is a jersey legal version of the Uzi? m14? (i wanted to possibly get a cmp parts kit for the m14)

would a UZI carbine be legal? , i don't see why not because they don't say "uzi" on them...same as a m14, they name "m14s" but not m14

I've never seen a NJ legal version of an Uzi, but was wonder the same thing since their are stripped Uzi style receivers out there (I believe it was Nodak Spud) and parts kits available - could be a way around the ban, but I don't want to try it without knowing it's OK.

while legally correct or incorrect you are rolling the dice..

the drill is always the same there are no exceptions..

the gun is named or it is not..

if it is not named.. and it is semi auto with detachable mag..

then you have to play the evil parts game..

technically that is ALWAYS the situation...

I would not personally try the Nodak UZI receiver since even on their website it is sold as an Uzi.. again you may be technically right.. and you should do what you want.. I do not like to err on the side of fear.. especially when the law is clear.. but when a company sells something as an Uzi.. and it looks like an Uzi.. even if it is not marked as such..

I stick by the law.. but just know you might be in for a battle..

Century has an Uzi Clone..I dont know if they will sell it to any Dealers in NJ however..

I highly doubt it, they will not sell any firearm that can accept a "high cap" mag directly to a NJ FFL. They would probably have to try to get it from SOG or J&G or one of the other rewholesalers.