blksheep

Anyone else use wood to heat their home in the winter?

Look into Dolmar chainsaw. You'll never look back. I have a stihl and although its not a pro saw its very underpowered in my opinion (dont know what model you have). Never heard of Wood Doctor. How do you like it? I have a central boiler.

I run an 056 magnum, 056 super, 660, 460, 391. I'm not impressed with the 391, its basically a weekend warrior saw, and the one I let my friends use. It's got about 6 hrs on it, so its time to try and get some more juice out of it. The 056 mag is just bad azz, they don't make em like that any more. The 460 gets the most use. I got a 42" bar coming for the 056, the 660 is set up with a 36" bar, 460's got a 25" and the 391 a 20". You may have to adjust your gas mix and carb setting and clean the exhaust on your Stihl. What model is it?

I am satisfied the Wood Doctor because its simple and easy to get parts should I need them. It also is made from boiler plate steel which is, as I understand, easier to repair than mild and stainless steel should it be necessary.

I run an 056 magnum, 056 super, 660, 460, 391. I'm not impressed with the 391, its basically a weekend warrior saw, and the one I let my friends use. It's got about 6 hrs on it, so its time to try and get some more juice out of it. The 056 mag is just bad azz, they don't make em like that any more. The 460 gets the most use. I got a 42" bar coming for the 056, the 660 is set up with a 36" bar, 460's got a 25" and the 391 a 20". You may have to adjust your gas mix and carb setting and clean the exhaust on your Stihl. What model is it?

I am satisfied the Wood Doctor because its simple and easy to get parts should I need them. It also is made from boiler plate steel which is, as I understand, easier to repair than mild and stainless steel should it be necessary.

I used the ms-290 farm boss. The mid range saw not pro. I'm comparing it to the dolmar 5105 which in my opinion is just a better saw. I'm am really happy I don't need a bar as large as the ones your using haha. Maybe I'll try a stihl saw more in the professional range. keep in mind I don't need anything larger than a 20" bar.

Free lead & steel in the logs too:) I dunno where they will allow wood cutting, I doub't it'd be the impact area, they usually like to clear out the underbrush in the spring & do controlled burns. Maybe this is one way to avoid hiring contractors to go do it. Its mostly pine forest there, BTW

Now thats a nice deal..