RAL1979

FYI Cherry Ridge Pistol Range Closed This Week

is that the response you wanted jackass?

Awesome! now we have a lively intelligent discussion ,your comments have been received and duly noted in the venomous tone you were trying to convey.

I think what has been lost in this thread is Yes the expansion Will

benefit all the members BY NOT CLOSING A RANGE FOR AN EVENT,IE 2x4 shoot,police qualify etc.

AND YES members will have use of the addition range when an event is not taking place.

to me it sounds win win.

I do agree communication could and should be better,perhaps you could contact your regional rep who is published in news and briefs and online.

P.S. My Goal was A__Hole but I will try harder next time.

I do agree communication could and should be better,perhaps you could contact your regional rep who is published in news and briefs and online.

Would you recommend carrier pigeon or smoke signals? Telegraph would probably be easiest, but I wouldn't want my feedback to get lost in the shuffle.

Once again its their lack of communication . Trying not to get my underwear all bunched up over this but you'd think an inconvenience as large as this would prompt an email blast to the general membership. You just know not everyone auotomatically calls the schedule hotline for a routine weekday visit.

The other problem is that notice on the website has been there every time I've visited in the past two years. It's the same issue as crying wolf; if you always say it and it's not true, eventually people will stop listening. Not to mention I called the range availability hotline a few months ago and let it ring for a solid 60 seconds with no answer before I hung up. I will also echo the lack of communication. I also really wish they would post the newsletter on the website since half the time I don't get it in the mail, and the other half it gets lost/tossed before I get to read it. And I know I can just go into the clubhouse and grab a copy, but if I'm going to the range, I don't go near the clubhouse, but I am at a computer most of my day, so it would be far easier to get it there, likely for many others (especially people on forums) as well.

I think what has been lost in this thread is Yes the expansion Will

benefit all the members BY NOT CLOSING A RANGE FOR AN EVENT,IE 2x4 shoot,police qualify etc.

AND YES members will have use of the addition range when an event is not taking place.

to me it sounds win win.

+1

Something doesn't add up with that. Events that normally shut down a range with "Forty-seven firing ports" will fit into a new section of only 10 firing ports? I know some of the events require unique range conditions & set up, but is that really the ONLY reason a scheduled event shuts down the handgun range?

My assumption is that it is for police qualifying and any event that fits the ports. On the flip side, if they need more ports, maybe shut down the main ones for it and leave the new ones open to members. This way there is always an open handgun range.

My assumption is that it is for police qualifying and any event that fits the ports. On the flip side, if they need more ports, maybe shut down the main ones for it and leave the new ones open to members. This way there is always an open handgun range.

+1

I believe this is the intention.

Something doesn't add up with that. Events that normally shut down a range with "Forty-seven firing ports" will fit into a new section of only 10 firing ports? I know some of the events require unique range conditions & set up, but is that really the ONLY reason a scheduled event shuts down the handgun range?

For example: 2x4 cut would require 4 ports, but since the firing line is moved to 20 feet before the 50yrd berm the whole range is down till the event is over( I hope you can understand why)most of the time it is 830 till 300pm

For example: 2x4 cut would require 4 ports, but since the firing line is moved to 20 feet before the 50yrd berm the whole range is down till the event is over( I hope you can understand why)most of the time it is 830 till 300pm

Yes, I was aware of those matches and why they require the range be shut down, but it looks like there are 4 of those scheduled for this year. On the whole, I only see 12 events on the calendar for this year that close the whole HR.

Yes, I was aware of those matches and why they require the range be shut down, but it looks like there are 4 of those scheduled for this year. On the whole, I only see 12 events on the calendar for this year that close the whole HR.

So let me see if I understand,what you are saying...... and please do not take this the wrong way I am only trying to fully understand your comment. I am not trying to be a smart-ss.

Instead of a couple of weekdays the range is not available to help improve the range (still open weekends,the days sorry to say most people shoot.)

You would rather it be closed 12 days (and this is only the beginning of the year events are still being added to the schedule) Forever ?

I was told about the new ports 2 weeks ago. I didnt realize that entire HG range would be closed,that wasnt mentioned. Not shocking though. It took me 7 months to get my permanent ID badge and only because i went there on a orientation weekend to get it,otherwise i would not have gotten it. Communication is lackluster at best from what i've seen and i feel administratively there is a break down.Lots of money,not a lot of change. The membership went up 50 bucks in like 6 months. :fuckyou:

So let me see if I understand,what you are saying...... and please do not take this the wrong way I am only trying to fully understand your comment. I am not trying to be a smart-ss.

Instead of a couple of weekdays the range is not available to help improve the range (still open weekends,the days sorry to say most people shoot.)

You would rather it be closed 12 days (and this is only the beginning of the year events are still being added to the schedule) Forever ?

We'll see about that.Hopefully its true but considering the scope of what needs to be done, and I'm speculating- Finish clearing the land, removing tree stumps,grade and seed, pouring concrete/asphalt floor, construct an overhead roof of some sort, tables, a new berm/wall seperating the ranges, maybe a background berm and perhaps an electronic target/scoring system.....maybe more, maybe less but I'm sure it will involve more than a couple of days when all is done.

I would rather see this kind of expense and effort directed towards something else. This feels like a solution in search of a problem. The decision to prioritize this and pass on improvements Ive been wishing for since the day I joined is frustrating. I honestly started off pretty optimistic about all the talk of improvements to the range, but that has passed.

When I left there Monday night most of the heavy work was roughed in, work that has been completed :new range area cleared and leveled, old trailer and truck body removed and hauled off, expanded parking area ,done

not for nothing guys, you **** when things don't get done and now that things are improving you gripe.

this stuff has been in the planing stage for many years, possibly decades.

When I left there Monday night most of the heavy work was roughed in, work that has been completed :new range area cleared and leveled, old trailer and truck body removed and hauled off, expanded parking area ,done

not for nothing guys, you **** when things don't get done and now that things are improving you gripe.

this stuff has been in the planing stage for many years, possibly decades.

For the record, I do understand that you guys get a pretty raw deal in all this. The geriatric shadow council that dictates these things certainly isn't going to take the time to respond here, as you have, and I'm sorry that your reward for that is getting crap for their decisions [ which you don't have any control over in the first place.]

For the record, I do understand that you guys get a pretty raw deal in all this. The geriatric shadow council that dictates these things certainly isn't going to take the time to respond here, as you have, and I'm sorry that your reward for that is getting crap for their decisions [ which you don't have any control over in the first place.]

Well, all I can say is Thanks ???

I will agree that this is a great improvement if it will minimize the range closures.

But, ANJRPC's communication about most things, and especially the range is absolutely terrible. Why is it so hard to get someone to send out an email that this is going on? Printing a general announcement to advise people to call the hotline is 1980's methodology that most people aren't going to do. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have had any idea about these improvements for another 2 months until I got the newsletter - which I will agree with others, should be put online.

• Like 1

My griping has been on the handling of the project-total arrogence and dis-respect towards the general membership. Great idea, poor execution. Just hurry up and finish the friggen thing so the range is ours again.

My griping has been on the handling of the project-total arrogence and dis-respect towards the general membership. Great idea, poor execution. Just hurry up and finish the friggen thing so the range is ours again

I am trying to understand where your anger is stemming from, the pistol range is open on Saturday and Sunday 8:30 till 5:00

this stage should be completed by 2/24 . the time table for the rest of the project (s) are unknown at this time.

but I can say it is not going to be a continuous closing.

Are you saying you would have been there every day last weekday and this week if the range was open???

Sorry if this is so, I believe they tried to piss the least amount of people off as possible ,as I stated the masses shoot on week -ends.

and oh by the way whom are you referring to when you say "ours again" ?? , I is a dues paying member of this club too it is mine as much as it yours. :ok:

I am trying to understand where your anger is stemming from, the pistol range is open on Saturday and Sunday 8:30 till 5:00

this stage should be completed by 2/24 . the time table for the rest of the project (s) are unknown at this time.

but I can say it is not going to be a continuous closing.

Are you saying you would have been there every day last weekday and this week if the range was open???

Sorry if this is so, I believe they tried to piss the least amount of people off as possible ,as I stated the masses shoot on week -ends.

and oh by the way whom are you referring to when you say "ours again" ?? , Dude I is a dues paying member of this club too it is mine as much as it yours. :ok:

1) Are you kidding? They shut down an entire HG range without the courtesy of notice for how many days?! I printed it in plain and simple English.

2) Yo Dude,I didnt say "my" range I said "our" so take a chill pill Dude

And yes I would have gone to the range the past few days as I just got a new Beretta. Done

Can't they let us use a few ports on the 100 range while this is being done? This would accomodate everyone.

Does anyone know if the pistol range will be open during the week next week?

Based on LastShot's estimated completion date for this stage, it would seem that they expect it to be. That said, I wouldn't plan your day around it without calling the all-knowing availability hotline. Think of trips to the range as the equivalent of going to the movies in 1993. You need to call ahead and see what's playing.

Please do not ask me anything I can't or wont answer, I am here to try to help.

We all know the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger"

Certain info should not and will not be Broadcast on an open forum. I am not in the position to disseminate information.

This is New Jersey after all and I feel I must and will protect the range as a whole, this may tweak a few here,for this I will apologize for now. I have forwarded your comments and we will see,

it is out of my hands.

Can't they let us use a few ports on the 100 range while this is being done? This would accomodate everyone.
the CURRENT 100yrd range will not support pistol because of the concrete frame holders at 50yrd and 50 meters,good suggestion IIIIf the 100yrd range were to be reworked......

the CURRENT 100yrd range will not support pistol because of the concrete frame holders at 50yrd and 50 meters,good suggestion IIIIf the 100yrd range were to be reworked......

I was thinking more old school....manually lug a few holders over from the pistol range...up hill both ways.

• Like 1

was at the range today and was told MAYBE back open tomorrow but call hotline first. Also that the work has stopped for now and will be started again at an un-determined date. I did say maybe. And call hotline first. And so its been told, and so it is written.