RAL1979

FYI Cherry Ridge Pistol Range Closed This Week

I was thinking more old school....manually lug a few holders over from the pistol range...up hill both ways.

the concern would be the end path of your bullet striking the concrete.FMJ can and does return or ricochet,when hitting hard objects

Do you think that you can't find it on Bing Bird'seye view or Google Earth?????

What's with the photographic blackout? Do we have Ahmedinijad building a Nuke "power" facility at CR?

Really...

lol, "Ahmedinijad" you get a triple word score for that one. :B:):

• Like 1

they got all pissy about the flood pics too.
Bingo!! You all may not be aware that as the range is currently setup,we are virtually using all the association property,the rest is watershed, any photos on a public forum maybe misconstrued. it was a simple request to make sure you were sending it to a known person. "Cherry Ridge" Sounds like a Golf Course already would you rather be calling for a Tee time,instead on calling to see if the pistol range is open. I for one ,would like a place to go shoot. Thank you, for your understanding.

Bingo!! You all may not be aware that as the range is currently setup,we are virtually using all the association property,the rest is watershed, any photos on a public forum maybe misconstrued. it was a simple request to make sure you were sending it to a known person. "Cherry Ridge" Sounds like a Golf Course already would you rather be calling for a Tee time,instead on calling to see if the pistol range is open. I for one ,would like a place to go shoot. Thank you, for your understanding.

I've read this 5 times and I still don't understand what you mean. I even took the extra step of googling "watershed" to make I wasn't mistaken on it's meaning.

And open public forum conversations too....

I've read this 5 times and I still don't understand what you mean. I even took the extra step of googling "watershed" to make I wasn't mistaken on it's meaning.

I can't speak for him, but he's suggesting that if someone were to see construction on the property, they may assume the club was intruding on watershed property and raise a stink...stink leads to fear, fear leads to no range, no range leads to golf course.

I can't speak for him, but he's suggesting that if someone were to see construction on the property, they may assume the club was intruding on watershed property and raise a stink...stink leads to fear, fear leads to no range, no range leads to golf course.

Malsua, Thank you I could not have put it better.

IMO if CR is using every last square inch of their property then they shouldn't be expanding. If they have room left over, then they should get the proper permits and do the work. It's not one or the other. You think just because there aren't any pictures up here that people aren't reading this? If CR is doing something illegal they will get caught and will get the range temp or perm shut down. If they do things with permits then they have no problems.

So once again I don't see the problem with pictures being posted at all as long as CR is doing the proper thing. But then again what do I care, I'm not renewing my membership, nothing will change there as far as being able to only shoot at paper and the way everything is setup there is kind of silly but just like NJ we stick with status quo.

It seems like hiding the fact that a range is there is not the best move. Just like anything else in the firearms world, we need to not hide it from the general public out of fear, but rather be open about it and educate the public to get them to understand that we're not scary. The pro-gun organizations are always pushing members to spread the word and get more people informed and to join, but now on the flip-side we're trying to hide one of the few shooting ranges we have in the area? The people that you're trying to hide it from are the exact people that you want to find out about the range, because they're the ones you want to get to CR for NRA Family Day, Women's Day, Youth Day, etc., to try to get them to turn to our side when they realize how much fun it is.

If I'm way off base, then I apologize, but I'm just tired of hearing from everyone in the gun world that we need to get the word out and then turn around and hear "don't publicize the range, we don't want people to know we're here because they might not like it."

Edit: Just want to clarify that I have no issues with LastShot or what he is doing (I try not to shoot the messenger), and I appreciate that he is providing an information link between the community and the range. I more have issue with the decision makers of the organization for not providing the information in the first place.

On a different note, did anyone make it out to the pistol range today? It was a gorgeous day, but a bit windy. There was a good turn-out for a weekday.

just got back, was last guy on hg range when I left but plenty on the 100.

IMO if CR is using every last square inch of their property then they shouldn't be expanding. If they have room left over, then they should get the proper permits and do the work. It's not one or the other. You think just because there aren't any pictures up here that people aren't reading this? If CR is doing something illegal they will get caught and will get the range temp or perm shut down. If they do things with permits then they have no problems everything necessary, has been obtained,this is one reason everything takes so long.

So once again I don't see the problem with pictures being posted at all as long as CR is doing the proper thing. But then again what do I care, I'm not renewing my membership, nothing will change there as far as being able to only shoot at paper and the way everything is setup there is kind of silly but just like NJ we stick with status quo.

I'm sorry CR no longer fits your needs,No club,range ,or anything in life is a perfect fit for every person .

You may feel you have an advanced skill set that is beyond what is currently available to you at CR. I sincerely hope that you find another range that will help you further your skills .

CR is and most likely will try to accommodate the majority of those in the shooting sports.

Edit: Just want to clarify that I have no issues with LastShot or what he is doing (I try not to shoot the messenger), and I appreciate that he is providing an information link between the community and the range. I more have issue with the decision makers of the organization for not providing the information in the first place.

I agree

It seems like hiding the fact that a range is there is not the best move. Just like anything else in the firearms world, we need to not hide it from the general public out of fear, but rather be open about it and educate the public to get them to understand that we're not scary. The pro-gun organizations are always pushing members to spread the word and get more people informed and to join, but now on the flip-side we're trying to hide one of the few shooting ranges we have in the area? The people that you're trying to hide it from are the exact people that you want to find out about the range, because they're the ones you want to get to CR for NRA Family Day, Women's Day, Youth Day, etc., to try to get them to turn to our side when they realize how much fun it is.

If I'm way off base, then I apologize, but I'm just tired of hearing from everyone in the gun world that we need to get the word out and then turn around and hear "don't publicize the range, we don't want people to know we're here because they might not like it."

Thank you for not shooting at me.

there is nothing wrong with publicizing the range CR does have NRA family day ,and other "outreach" programs

my point was how does a photo of dirt where the old trailers were ,help the range, I may have over reacted ,But suggested

that we use caution,as I had recalled the last time there was issue with posting photos.

on a similar note(this is not aimed at anyone, just in general) how does griping about the club on this forum help fix anything ??

on a similar note(this is not aimed at anyone, just in general) how does griping about the club on this forum help fix anything ??

It increases awareness of what goes on at the range. This is particularly key given a board so hopelessly set in their ways that they still operate under the borderline-hilarious assumption that an automated hotline is still a logical & comprehensive strategy for providing information to a large group of people.

Thank you for not shooting at me.

there is nothing wrong with publicizing the range CR does have NRA family day ,and other "outreach" programs

my point was how does a photo of dirt where the old trailers were ,help the range, I may have over reacted ,But suggested

that we use caution,as I had recalled the last time there was issue with posting photos.

Posting photos of range improvement progress isn't supposed to help the range, it's supposed to help the members that can't get there often see what's going on and where their money is going, especially since the board of the organization doesn't see fit to inform the general membership of where the money is going or what's going on. It all goes back to the same problem that it seems most of us have with ANJRPC/CR, in that they don't tell us what's going on. I took a look the other day at the newsletter (my coworker's copy because of course I can't find mine and it's not posted online), and the article seemed more interested in justifying that they had to spend money on replacing the 15 year old pickup truck that just died, rather than giving details on range improvements. It spent a full paragraph explaining "we've had this truck for sooo long, we've fixed it a number of times, we tried really hard to fix it again but it just didn't happen, please forgive us for spending $30k on a new truck" and then only a few words saying "pistol range improvements are coming". No details on what improvements, what it's going to fix or help, just improvements. Personally, I don't really care that they bought a new truck because I don't use it. I know they need trucks and if they got 15 years of rough usage life out of it, then great, but what I do care about is the actual ranges because I do use them, and I'm sure the improvements to one range alone cost way more than a new truck.

/rant, Sorry about that.

On your last point, griping here doesn't necessarily help anything, but at least we have the ear of someone related to the range (LastShot, I'm assuming you do, since you seem to post all the info here lately). Even if we wanted to go to the board meetings (not that it would apparently help if the board members are stubborn and refuse to listen), I have no idea when or where they are since I can't find anything about them on the website, and I don't have a newsletter to check. And if nothing else, griping here is at least a way to vent.

That's because the meetings are closed door and you have to be invited in order to come and from my understanding there is one meeting a year that is open to all members but it's in south Jersey :facepalm:

I've compared ANJRPC to the Government several times and they continue to not disappoint me.

I was speaking to one of the RO's the other day. Just so that you guys are aware, CR is on Trenton's "radar." They would love nothing more than to find some excuse to shut it down. Think about that from the anti-gunner's perspective: we shut down the NRA state association shooting range! It doesn't have to be legitimate, any excuse at all will do. I can't blame LastShot for being protective, actually, it's a good thing. This is definitely the case where a little caution goes a long, long way.

Right right right and so is CJRPC too. Give me a fawking break. If the idiots at ANJRPC pulled their panties out of a wad they might actually get something done. It's pretty pathetic that I hear about news on this forum at a minimum of 12 hours before I even get an email from ANJRPC that is suppose to be the NRA force of NJ. Yeah they are doing their job. And we are now paying a President 150k a year and we still can't get information updated in a timely manner.

Keep drinking the koolaid that ANJRPC feeds you