bulpup

Anyone interested? Newbies want to shoot

If you need an extra hand, I can come, depending on my daughter's schedule (she dives at West Point on some Saturdays). So put me as a maybe. I can bring a Taurus PT-99 and a G19 Gen 4. I don't mind the liberalness or orientation. I worked in the entertainment industry in California for seven years. Nothing phases me.

Good. Thats exactly we're coming from. Entertainment/broadcasting industry people. But we have been discussing a bit and I would like to keep it smaller rather than large so that we can focus better on the newbies. Can I put you down as a standby?

Good. Thats exactly we're coming from. Entertainment/broadcasting industry people. But we have been discussing a bit and I would like to keep it smaller rather than large so that we can focus better on the newbies. Can I put you down as a standby?

Sure. Mostly depends on my daughter's schedule for that weekend. I usually don't find out until the last minute.

Rules for the Shotgun Range

• Positively no slugs or buckshot are to be fired on the shotgun range.

• The Shotgun Range is to be used only for patterning and aerial shooting at clay targets.

• The use of shot size larger than 7-1/2 (bird shot) is not desired for aerial shooting.

• Remove empty corrugated boxes from the range.

For your own edification

This went very well, and I can say without a doubt ; Mission Accomplished.

Thanks to Malsua, djg0770, and ChrisJM981. Everyone had a great time and three out of the four are starting the proces to get their permits.

Ali has fallen in love with the 1911, Brad wants a Glock 19C and a Mossberg 835, Chimere is lookin for a .22

Plus, djg0770 might have just single-handedly brought back the handlebar mustache.

Thanks again everyone. I couldn't have asked for a better group.

• Like 1

Glad it went well for you. In places like NJ and New York, the more people from different backgrounds that think owning a gun is normal and fun, the better off we all are. Right now a lot of politicians write us off as a demographic they can ignore because we would never vote for them in the first place.

They can't stop talking about it at work today. I could seriously get the whole office interested. :icon_mrgreen:

One thing they have all picked up on was how much fun it was to shoot rather than "I must protect myself," very much picking up on the sporting aspect and rolling with it.

I am so pleased with how this turned out.

• Like 3

They can't stop talking about it at work today. I could seriously get the whole office interested. :icon_mrgreen:

One thing they have all picked up on was how much fun it was to shoot rather than "I must protect myself," very much picking up on the sporting aspect and rolling with it.

Great Job! We need more people like you not affraid to talk about shooting to their friends and coworkers to get them involved as well! I am up to 15 people that have got their FPID's since I moved here to NJ just under 2 years ago. I am freshly inspired by you and plan on upping those numbers real soon!

• Like 1

Ditto. Please extend my thanks as I had a bunch of fun with each of them.

Now you need to talk to them about 2nd Amendment stuff ;)

Ditto. Please extend my thanks as I had a bunch of fun with each of them.

Now you need to talk to them about 2nd Amendment stuff ;)

Already started. The guy with family in Florida is getting a real wake up call now that he is looking into the NYC premise permit.

Yeah, that was fun. It's a shame it was so cold, but I'm glad they came.

Yea, the cold really got the Chimere. Thanks again.

I might try again in a month. :tomato:

Win!!! Nice Job...

It was pretty friggin cold. I had a great time and I'm glad to hear they did as well. Nothing brings a smile to your face like watching n00bs blast clays into hundreds of pieces and seeing their reaction. :)

I have a bunch of coworkers who would like to go. Hopefully I can coordinate a date with them.

Congrats to all of those involved! And THANKS for showing the group a good time! The more people from different walks of life get to have fun shooting, the better for the sport itself! Hats off to you Gents!

I'll be up at Cherry Ridge shooting Black Powder with the Garden State Black Powder Association on the last Sunday of this month. If any care to, stop-by & say hello. Maybe I can let you take a shot or two with the front stuffer, lol!

Again, NICE JOB ALL!

Dave

Congrats to all of those involved! And THANKS for showing the group a good time! The more people from different walks of life get to have fun shooting, the better for the sport itself! Hats off to you Gents!

I'll be up at Cherry Ridge shooting Black Powder with the Garden State Black Powder Association on the last Sunday of this month. If any care to, stop-by & say hello. Maybe I can let you take a shot or two with the front stuffer, lol!

Again, NICE JOB ALL!

Dave

Oh, I would LOVE some black powder time! Revolvers especially. Might be a bad weekend though.

It was pretty friggin cold. I had a great time and I'm glad to hear they did as well. Nothing brings a smile to your face like watching n00bs blast clays into hundreds of pieces and seeing their reaction. :)

I have a bunch of coworkers who would like to go. Hopefully I can coordinate a date with them.

Count me in if you need help.

Oh, I would LOVE some black powder time! Revolvers especially. Might be a bad weekend though.

See what happens and let me know! We shoot at 10:00 am, then go inside for a meeting with hot dogs for lunch.

Have plenty of supplies, so powder isn't a problem!

Dave

Best comment so far was "Why is everyone concerned I could get a gun to commit suicide? I could just walk off my fire escape."

The answer to this is that "everyone" that has never touched a gun in their life some how have decided that pulling a trigger of a gun pointed at your head is some how easier to do than walking off a fire escape. :rolleyes: This is why we need to get everyone out shooting! So they know the gravity of pulling a trigger!