BD104X

Any truth to the 30 day permit time?

Hi everybody, new poster here. I've heard a few people, on here and elsewhere, say that a handgun P2P is only 'supposed' to take 30 days, but I have pored over the firearms laws on the nj.gov site and don't see anything that says that. I know the local PD's will usually find excuses to drag it out, but just curious if there is actually a timeframe. Im in Old Bridge and im over 6 weeks already, but it appears that this is usually the case. Thanks!

2C:58-3(f) states that permits should be issued within thirty days of application (for NJ residents). However the courts have ruled that putting a fixed time frame is not in the interest of public safety, so departments can take a reasonable amount of time to ensure a complete investigation. (SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW JERSEY-APPELLATE DIVISION-A-4878-96T5)

Today is my 29th day, nothin' yet.......Bridgewater Township.

I would call and ask what the status is. I came across the same issue, called around day 30 and learned that my company hadn't returned the questionnaire that was sent because they couldn't answer all of the questions.

Today is my 29th day, nothin' yet.......Bridgewater Township.

Took me 28 days. The biggest holdup is getting the reference letters back. I called my references to put them on alert that the letter was coming and to let me know when they mailed it back. Bob Hanlon's a good guy and will let you know if they have not gotten everything back. Sometimes they have to send a second request and that eats up the time.