Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Want your blood to boil?... watch this - msnbc clip on Zimmerman incident

They are spewing that Zimmerman is the "NRA's poster child", then define him as a violent man with a violent past , inferring these are the people that the NRA wants to arm...

I could barley get through watching this peanut board of mental midgets.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/vp/46835890#46835890

When I watched that, I was thinking that those are good-hearted, well-intentioned people who unfortunately, just don't have a clue. It seems so simplistic to them, and others like them, that if we want to put an end to gun violence, we need to get rid of guns. It would be interesting to see how they would respond when asked what they would do if confronted by a sociopath who meant to cause them, or their families, serious harm.

What really pisses me off is that this f*ck-up Zimmereman has potentially set back much of the small progress made in our rights to self defense. He has handed the liberal press a big story and they will run with it. That is what they do. And always will. If we can believe any of the stories in the news, Zimmerman went after the guy. It is hard to claim "stand your ground" when you pursue the guy. And its not the role of a neighborhood watch at any rate. This wannabe has screwed us all and IMO the NRA should make it clear that they stand for RESPONSIBLE gun ownership and not this crap.

I'm refusing to watch ANY media coverage on this. The whole thing is a damn circus. It's apparent that the media has an agenda here. No one has all the facts of the case, yet the media seems to love spouting that this WHITE man killed a BLACK innocent child. Race had nothing to do with it, and neither did the stand your ground laws. Plus, the dude is hispanic/jewish. There's also an image that's been floating around of another kid on Trayvon's facebook that was asking for weed. Until every fact has come to light, these people should all just shut the hell up.

• Like 1

I'm refusing to watch ANY media coverage on this. The whole thing is a damn circus. It's apparent that the media has an agenda here. No one has all the facts of the case, yet the media seems to love spouting that this WHITE man killed a BLACK innocent child. Race had nothing to do with it, and neither did the stand your ground laws. Plus, the dude is hispanic/jewish. There's also an image that's been floating around of another kid on Trayvon's facebook that was asking for weed. Until every fact has come to light, these people should all just shut the hell up.

I'm glad someone finally pointed out the fact the media is painting this guy as a white, skinhead/kkk member or something. It wasn't a white on black crime, it was a latino on black crime; but that really should be beside the point, a child is dead. And the fact he wasn't immediatly arrested is odd.

Honestly the weed thing is the first thing I thought of but didn't want to say it for fear of being marked a racist and having the whole forum 'attack' me.

What really pisses me off is that this f*ck-up Zimmereman has potentially set back much of the small progress made in our rights to self defense. He has handed the liberal press a big story and they will run with it. That is what they do. And always will. If we can believe any of the stories in the news, Zimmerman went after the guy. It is hard to claim "stand your ground" when you pursue the guy. And its not the role of a neighborhood watch at any rate. This wannabe has screwed us all and IMO the NRA should make it clear that they stand for RESPONSIBLE gun ownership and not this crap.

Being a Flyers fan, I got used to people putting any progress of anything good into the wrong direction, after seeing this d-bag sucker punch a Rangers fan (who's an Iraq War vet):

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120323_Flyers_fan_ordered_held_for_trial_in_postgame_attack.html

I'd pretty much expect the same here. Undoubtedly the media will run with this to push an anti-gun policy, much like how the media is already running a "black vs. white" angle even though Trayvon's parents came out and said "This is not a black vs. white thing, this is a right vs. wrong thing"

Gotta love the US Media. Stuff like this is why I generally just ignore the news and my girlfriend watches BBC.

When I watched that, I was thinking that those are good-hearted, well-intentioned people who unfortunately, just don't have a clue. It seems so simplistic to them, and others like them, that if we want to put an end to gun violence, we need to get rid of guns. It would be interesting to see how they would respond when asked what they would do if confronted by a sociopath who meant to cause them, or their families, serious harm.

MSNBC knows exactly what it's doing. They are part of the left that would like nothing more than to have our guns taken from us. They only report what they can use to their advantage. How about reporting the hundreds of lives that have been saved where CCW is allowed? You'll never see that in the media. You can only read about it in the NRA magazines.

From the few news stories I have seen it looks like the pro-gun are being relatively quiet in response. I've heard the MSNBC video and it talks about Zimmerman as a poster-child for the pro-gun lobby. Yet if he has a criminal past which the MSNBC video mentions then I wouldn't see him as a poster child. Irrespective, considering his actions in pursuing the person, then I would have thought the NRA and others would be more visible/vocal in ensuring this incident doesn't undermine the 2A progress to date.

The only take away I have from this event so far, until we know more about what really happened, is that owning and carrying a firearm is a significant responsibility.

TheWombat

I just saw a petition to stop the stand your ground law in Florida on facebook. Seems to be gaining some traction as well; very sad 1 step foward 3 steps back.

Why was there a huge March in Manhattan yesterday when this took place down in Florida?

How come the tri-state is a magnet for all things controversial including occupy wall street folks???

A march is being organized for New Jersey too in Bergen County. (Instigator Al Sharpton's home turf.)

http://www.northjers...e.html?page=all

I wonder what these clueless, good-hearted, well-intentioned people would want us to do if we wanted to put an end to black teenagers trying to beat people to death?

I bet the solution to that would be a little less simple.

A march is being organized for New Jersey too in Bergen County. (Instigator Al Sharpton's home turf.)

http://www.northjers...e.html?page=all

Yea -let's create some turmoil in our state for an incident that has nothing to do with us. The NAACP should be proud of themselves - NOT!!! And people wonder why NJ is so F'd up?

• Like 1

the only two things I heard that made sence to me was the part about the democrats not wanting to talk gun control and the part asking why the brady people only show up at times of tragedy.I think this group is vultures or media whores