iRONman

stag arms model 2t

ordered this gun online after going to three different dealers in nj. it has all the accessories i need for under 1000. now the problem i have is i can't find a ffl dealer that will take care of the flash hider. nobody seems to be want to pin a muzzle brake. i live in the woodbridge area and have tried 6 different ffl's. any suggestions?

so to recap

this is what is on the gun

STAG ARMS M-2T 556 NATO 16" 30RD

-SAMPSON MRFS-C free float quad rail

-A.R.M.S. 40L Flip Up Rear Sight with 2 aperatures

-Forged Upper and Lower Receiver

-6 position collapsible stock

-Side Sling Mount

-A2 Flash Suppressor

-16 inch M-4 barrel

-30 round magazine

-STAG ARMS T-shirt

-Hard case

-Flat Top Upper Receiver

Iam trying to make it nj legal. and i'd love to support local dealers but they have been pricing me a couple hundred dollars over this price

I just ordered from Stag Arms this morning as well. You need to tell them that the rifle is being shipped to NJ and they will conduct the proper mods - no charge. I ordered a Model 3H Upper on-line and there was a check box for "Ban Compliant States (CT, MA, NJ, NY)"

nice guy, a little expensive though. 100 to weld on a muzzle brake, 35 to pin the stock, plus 75 for transfer fee.

I think I would look for other alternatives first. Matt at Shore Shot does good AR work and I bet it would be cheaper than that. I know the transfer is only $35.

i just called one ffl in edison. he informed me that in its current configuration, it is considered a assault weapon and that he has to report it to the nj state police. he also said that a gunsmith cannot even modify it. am i just getting worked around?

He is a jackass. Be sure not to give him any of your business. Gun ownership is difficult enough in this state without the misinformation spread by gun shops. You would think they would make it their interest to get it right.

i just called one ffl in edison. he informed me that in its current configuration, it is considered a assault weapon and that he has to report it to the nj state police. he also said that a gunsmith cannot even modify it. am i just getting worked around?

Yes you are..that's Bullshi.....not, yeah Bullsnot. Yet i'll bet that guy will loudly scream how the internet is "Killing his Business" and completely ignore his own actions.

• Like 1