SW99

Took the new AR for a test drive today, a couple issues...

Ok I can't tell for sure but I think the last picture confirms what me and raz-0 were worried about, it look like your disconnector is not even, like it has a bevel on the left/port/driver side. From the scratches on your hammer it also looks like it does not engage squarely. If you can take out the disconnector and take some pictures of it by itself on a some sheet of white paper I might be able to see better.

Edited to add: the whole disconnector looks to be very rough and poorly finished, though that could be a trick of the light but it looks crummy in multiple pictures. Which brand disconnector is that?

I added pictures of the LPK that i took before i installed it, hope that helps. http://gallery.me.com/vvacca#100222

These guys seem to be right on. I looked at mine and your disconnector is off. Hope just replacing that part works...check the spring too maybe it's in there all funky and throwing things off. My buddy's was a b*tch to get in and it took us a bit to get it right.

Have a look into these http://www.ar15.com/...y_Geissele.html

Still milspec triggers, just tuned up a bit by Geissele

This looks interesting. Wondering how much of an improvement it is over the stock trigger.

These guys seem to be right on. I looked at mine and your disconnector is off. Hope just replacing that part works...check the spring too maybe it's in there all funky and throwing things off. My buddy's was a b*tch to get in and it took us a bit to get it right.

This looks interesting. Wondering how much of an improvement it is over the stock trigger.

Theres quite a few people in that thread that put up mini reviews after they got them, some said they liked them, and some didnt see much inprovement.

Yeah. I did that too. Thanks should be going back to the range again this week and see if there is any improvement. Feels a bit better during the test unlike before I pulled it all out.

Great if you want to spend the extra $. But there should be a more economical solution.

I looked for a bit last night before going to sleep and pretty much everything you find is $100-300. Im not ready to spend all that, want to do other things first. There's a few sites that sell just the disconnect for 4-6 so I'll just get a new one for now if need be.

All good comments here but, have you contacted Stag? They have an excellent customer service with a quick turn around time. Plus it should not cost you a penny as stag AR's come with a lifetime warranty.

All good comments here but, have you contacted Stag? They have an excellent customer service with a quick turn around time. Plus it should not cost you a penny as stag AR's come with a lifetime warranty.

Not a Stag product. He built the lower.

Correct the LPK is not Stag, though I wish it was now lol

This is my first one so Im learning for my next one.

I've found it on like 3-4 different sites for like $4-5 but everyone wants $6-7 to ship it. Thats more than the part

Make sure it's the disconnector. I have hammers, triggers, disconnector springs as spares but no disconnectors. If it's anything other than the disconnector I can help you.

The disconnector, not the sear.

Also, having spent some time in the camp of "plain triggers are fine, no need for fancy ones" and having reformed myself, remember that the two most important components in your gun are your barrel and your trigger, at least when it comes to shooting accurately and fast. You can have the best barrel in the world, but if you are moving the whole gun around when you are putting 8lb of pressure on a gritty trigger you WILL move the gun as it fires. It used to be that the fancy triggers were considered unreliable or possibly not up to dealing with hard use, but now those fancy triggers go in the specop's guys rifles and are on various officially approved military lists so that time has now passed.

Also, having spent some time in the camp of "plain triggers are fine, no need for fancy ones" and having reformed myself, remember that the two most important components in your gun are your barrel and your trigger, at least when it comes to shooting accurately and fast. You can have the best barrel in the world, but if you are moving the whole gun around when you are putting 8lb of pressure on a gritty trigger you WILL move the gun as it fires. It used to be that the fancy triggers were considered unreliable or possibly not up to dealing with hard use, but now those fancy triggers go in the specop's guys rifles and are on various officially approved military lists so that time has now passed.

Is there one you recommend over another? Ill save up some $ and when the time comes maybe take the plunge

Make sure it's the disconnector. I have hammers, triggers, disconnector springs as spares but no disconnectors. If it's anything other than the disconnector I can help you.

we've pretty much determined its the disconnector. Thanks!

Thanks for the catch Vlad. Just was having a brain fart. I fixed it.

The major Issue I find w/ stock thiggers is the hammer notch where it is cut for the trigger is cut accross the axis of the hammer and causes the pull to be gritty. If that is smoothed out the trigger will be almost decent. Then stiff springs replaced with after market helps also. Now agreed you will still have some creep.