checko

Thoughts on this stock

One of the members here has one. It's OK. Given the profile, you would think it has tubes along the side for batteries or whatever, but it has a little hatch in the bottom that is a very small space. Maybe a bit bigger than the storage space in a miad grip, but shaped differently.

If it was $50 I'd say a very good option for a budget build. At the price, I'd say only if you think it looks awesome. It isn't lighter or more rigid than an ARFX stock.

I like the wide cheek rest surface; its a nice feature for a rifle length stock that you may do a lot of bench shooting from.

Rock river makes a similar one called the Operator A2. One primary difference is the A2 vs the A1 length for the Stag plus the RR has a storage compartment. Like the stag, the RR also comes with buffer, spring and tube.

stck_opera212.gif

The Stag Arms stock came today and I installed it in 3 minutes. It's GREAT! The RRA stock has two tiny little holes in the rear for batteries but the Stag stock actually has a 5"ish by 2"ish door underneath to hide stuff in. Pretty neat. Shoulders really well for a person of my size 5' 8". Light weight AND the slanted cheek rests are perfect! Sturdy and worth the 90 IMO.

Mike

P.S. any questions about it plz ask me!

2012-04-25005823.jpg

As you can see it has a BIT more room than the RRA buttstock. It can hold about 6 AA batteries and two more CR123 batteries with room to spare before you hit the door.

I retract my previous statement, as that compartment was NOT what was on the stock I handled. That's much more like what I expected. It looks like it in all other respects, and yours has the amount of storage I would expect from the external dimensions.

Wonder what the stock I handled was?