stagehand632

Hello from Budd Lake

Hi guys,

I totally forgot to introduce myself on here. I have been reading here for the past year and been doing a few posts in the past 2 months. My wife and I started getting into guns last year. We had been shooting in PA at The Pocono pistol range. We took some lessons there and I think I have rented just about everyone of their pistols in the past year. Definatly a great way to try before you buy.

I got my NJ FFID card back in September and stupidly did not think of filling for my pistol permits at the same time. I just want to see how long it would take getting my card. Which wasn't to long, about a month and a half. And that was only cause they said the did not receive my one friend reference. So I had him resend it.

I was so excited when RTSP opened this past October as they are only 10 minutes from my place. That and I can final shoot rifles!!! Much better than driving an hour to PA. I was so happy to be able to try out some AR-15's finally. For some reason ever since I was a kid I just always wanted one. I don't why, probably watched to many war movies as a kid ;). So now finally I bought the pieces for my AR and in fact this Sunday I am taking the Build a BeAR class at RTSP. I'm looking forward to having the Guys from Gun For Hire help me build my first AR.

I want to thank everyone for making such a great site!!! As I would not have been able to do this build without the valuable info on here. Especially helping to make NJ Law a little more understandable.

Hi from Rockaway. If your into rifles try Cherry Ridge. Fill us all in how the class went. I want to build an AR myself but have no clue how to. If you want to try Cherry Ridge let me know you can come as a guest, 25.00 a day I think??

Hi from Rockaway. If your into rifles try Cherry Ridge. Fill us all in how the class went. I want to build an AR myself but have no clue how to. If you want to try Cherry Ridge let me know you can come as a guest, 25.00 a day I think??

I will have to take you up on that once my rifle is done. I had the first class this past weekend and it was great. Jimmy is very knowledgable and funny. I like the fact he took the time to find out what you wanted to make. And did not stand there saying you should by this or this is crap. And I found out that if I decide to make another rifle that I can take the class again for free. So that saves me having to buy all the tools. I have all my lower stuff still waiting on my upper. So hard to do a class like this right now since there is such a shortage/backlog of parts right now. can't wait till its done.