Sign in to follow this  
peterk2000

10/22 Takedown

Looks pretty sweet, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one, but in my opinion, you would probably be better off with an older one that seems to be made better, unless you NEED a takedown model. If you are in the market for a new one and If it was only a few bucks more than a regular one, then what the heck, I'd splurge. However, keep in mind that Ruger has been flooding the market, lately, and most Ruger products as of late seem to have some growing pains.

I just picked one up today, myself (from Bullethole). Have not had a chance to shoot it yet. The lockup is solid and I really like it. I had considered the Henry survival rifle but couldn't get past the online comments about accuracy. When this 10/22 TD came out I knew I had to have one, and I figure the accuracy will be 10/22 :)

Barrel cleaning will be easier and imo better/safer compared to the standard models, since you can clean from the breach end. I like the stainless too, if I get a little lazy.

I've got one. It's very nice. Handles well and my eye lines up with the sights correctly.

There's a gap in the stock where the two halves come together which looks a little weird and it has the new plastic trigger assembly that Ruger has gone to for their 10/22's. Looks like a fun time to me. Trigger is awful and will need modification or replacement but I think that's the new Ruger standard unfortunately.

I wonder if the trigger pack in the take down is compatible with the Volquartsen.

My guess is everything is compatible with the exception of barrels and stocks. The barrel has an off cut in it to facilitate take down. I suspect that you could modify another barrel and make it work. The parts diagram seems to support this as basically everything is the same in the action rearwards.