BCeagle

Time to Stop Drinking Coke

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/coke-withdraws-group-backs-stand-ground-law-230247092.html

I basically stop supporting any group that gives in to threats of boycotts (kind of ironic) If you want to stop supporting a Stand Your Ground Organization, gun owners can cost you much more money than some crappy community organizers.

Very true, they think you can pick a fight and then shoot the person when he defends himself. Its just another excuse by the antis to chip away.

Pepsi left the group in January. I wouldnt have a problem with Coke if they said they are apolitical and didnt join, but by giving in to the Sharpeton crew they can go scratch. Thankfully there are so many choices in this area. I still dont use companies that pulled ads from Imus years ago and Rush this year. It is a strategy of the left.

Pass the word around and dont let companies that give in, get away with it.

Yeah, unfortunately my principles only go so far. I hate pepsi.

Teresa Heinz and John Kerry can send every single dollar I spend on ketchup to Communist Indoctrination Camps for Children in every state of the US and I will still eat their evil ketchup.

"Our involvement with ALEC was focused on efforts to oppose discriminatory food and beverage taxes, not on issues that have no direct bearing on our business. We have a long-standing policy of only taking positions on issues that impact our company and industry."

Good enough for me.

Who in their right mind ever thought Coke had a horse in the race of the Stand Your Ground fight? Did they stop supporting this group because of pressure on that issue? Probably. But it was never their issue in the first place.

It's not like Coke is fighting against gun rights, refusing to purchase advertising from places that advertise guns, or banned guns from their outlet stores. They just don't want any part of this.

I support all companies that take NO POSITION on firearms rights and have NO POLICY on firearms carry at their locations. They shouldn't be in the gun rights business, they should be in the selling soda business.

• Like 1