Hi everyone I am new the NJGF. I own several handguns however I still have a very beginners type question. Recently I purchased a handgun on the 31st day after I used my last permit...I am in the clear right as far as the 30 day rule?? Although I own several handguns this was the first time I made purchases this close together. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the answer, like I said I own 6 handguns but I have never made a purchase that close together. I went on the 31st day purposely to make sure i even let the 30th day expire...maybe I am paranoid I just wanted to make sure I waited long enough, I'm not sure how I couldn't be in the clear seeing I purchased on the 31st day I just wanted to make sure.

Day after you buy your last handgun is counted as Day 1; you can buy your next on Day 30. JMHO, but no need to wait until Day 31. The law is the law, and compliance is yes or no; as I see it, that's like pinning all your mags to 14rds just to be sure you won't "violate" the hi-cap mag law. I'm no lawyer, but for what it's worth I've bought two handguns now on exactly Day 30 and have not been hassled.

I need at least 30 days to get more money to buy another gun. This gun habit is starting to get expensive.

Exactly.

And if someone is really concerned about how close you are to the 30th day, just wait a day or two. By the time you reach Day 32 you're clearly good to go. If you don't plan to go shooting between Day 30-32 then it's not a big deal to wait a few days.

Day after you buy your last handgun is counted as Day 1; you can buy your next on Day 30. JMHO, but no need to wait until Day 31. The law is the law, and compliance is yes or no; as I see it, that's like pinning all your mags to 14rds just to be sure you won't "violate" the hi-cap mag law. I'm no lawyer, but for what it's worth I've bought two handguns now on exactly Day 30 and have not been hassled.

I agree with this. The OGAM law has been widely discussed on this site. (Do a search for plenty of discussion.) Some have said that one needs to wait until the 31st day "to be sure." But if I'm not mistaken, the law reads, "one gun in a 30 day period," which would make what you say correct.

Now here's my question. Is it 30 days from the day you pay for it or from the time your forms were filled out and you pick it up from your FFL dealer? I bought my handgun online on the 12th of this month, but because of some shipping problems it finally got to me on the 25th when I picked it up. So isit a month from the 12th or a month from the 25th. My guess is the 25th. Right???

I bought my handgun online on the 12th of this month, but because of some shipping problems it finally got to me on the 25th when I picked it up. So isit a month from the 12th or a month from the 25th. My guess is the 25th. Right???

Makes no difference when you purchased it (paid for it), what counts is when you took possession. The day after you took possession is day one of the count until you can take possession of the next one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

As Bob said, from an FFL you are doing a NICS check so make it easy and call the day the NICS call is done and you take possession as DAY 0, The day after this is DAY 1 and so on.

The only difference in a F2F sale is not NICS call, but the Date you put on the P2P and take possession is Day 0, the day after is DAY 1.