johnp

Cool Pictures

I Believe it requires half the ground crew of a F15 E and can fly twice as many sorties before regular maintenance is needed..
I don't know if that is true or not but if it is, I would say that it is most likely due to the fact that they are brand new and not 25+ years old. If you owned a car for 25+ years and were still using it as a daily driver it to would need more maintance more often than a brand new car. The cool factor for the F-22's comes from what they are suppose to be capable of, not what they actually are. They still need to work out the bugs before it will be the fighter that it is suppose to be.

The F-22's are the best fighter jets on the market, but theres only two downsides. 1. Their expensive as anything 2. The last times planes were used in massive dog fights was WWII, but it doesn't help to be prepared I guess. As not to take away from the thread, below is a well known and respected plane, to bad they were retired.

f-14_tomcat.jpg