Shawnmoore81

$35 a week for food

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/lawmakers-to-live-a-week-on-$35-worth-of-food

I don't know how many of you are seeing this because a lot of you live in north jersey but people are making a big deal out of the "poor" people who have to survive on $35 per week for food.

Here is a few things they are leaving out. It's $35 per person per week in pa. In nj it's $50 per person per week for food. My wife works for the welfare office so I get to hear all the stories about our states welfare clients. Such as the people who work the system to get $1000 a month for food, the people who sell their cards out in front of the office, the people who show up for emergency food a few days before memorial day and then post pics from their BBQ on Facebook. The news seems to leave all this out.

Yep. The whole thing is disgusting. What was intended to be a safety net has now become a style of living. I was told a story by a recipient of whatever they call food stamps these days, that he gets so much in benefits as a single person, that he actually burns the excess money buying food for friends in order to avoid having his benefit level cut. Someone who worked for me told me that his brother and their baby's mother are not married, he works a good job making plenty, and she gets food stamps. Once a month they all pile in the car and go to Walmart to load up on everything they need and more. I can't imagine working for any type of social services agency. It would make me nuts to be forced to watch those getting over on the system on my dime.

She started out loving her job and wanting to help people. But now after clients calling her parents house looking for her on weekends, having to block clients on Facebook for harassing her, fixing slashed tires or keyed cars, being screamed and and threatened she mostly just hates em now.

This is why every chance I get when I stop people for various offenses and I see then working the system I call on them. I call the welfare office and give the investigators all the info they gave me. Last week I had one persons case terminated on the spot and now he is flagged in two states. Jersey has actually significantly decreased their handouts so all the jersey Residents now go to NYC and get benefits there. I call on them two. I pay taxes in ny so it affects me too.

My wife had a good one a few months ago. A lady comes in saying she had no income and needed benefits. 0 income gets it pushed through faster. 4 of em went out to lunch and hit the McDonald's drive through. Take a guess who handed em their food.

http://www.myfoxphil...5-worth-of-food

I don't know how many of you are seeing this because a lot of you live in north jersey but people are making a big deal out of the "poor" people who have to survive on $35 per week for food.

Here is a few things they are leaving out. It's $35 per person per week in pa. In nj it's $50 per person per week for food. My wife works for the welfare office so I get to hear all the stories about our states welfare clients. Such as the people who work the system to get $1000 a month for food, the people who sell their cards out in front of the office, the people who show up for emergency food a few days before memorial day and then post pics from their BBQ on Facebook. The news seems to leave all this out.

I heard a little bit about this earlier on the talk station, Apparently Mayor Nutter is in favor of increasing the amount to be paid out. This topic, along with illegal immigrants are two of my hot-buttons. I despise people taking advantage of a system meant to temporarily help those in need,

My wife had a good one a few months ago. A lady comes in saying she had no income and needed benefits. 0 income gets it pushed through faster. 4 of em went out to lunch and hit the McDonald's drive through. Take a guess who handed em their food.

How is this even possible with a legit job? The employer must send in taxes and other things for them so there should be plenty of records with IRS and other organizations that can be checked. Why aren't they? I can see it happening for under the table type jobs but for legit jobs it should be practically impossible to hide unless they're breaking the law even more.

Apparently the state has no problem triple checking with 3 different criminal databases every time I buy a gun but they can't do even simple checking for this kind of stuff?

It's not just food stamps. I know plenty of people collecting unemployment insurance, and with rare exceptions, they have no interest in looking for work. Why would you go out to work when you're getting a check for staying home? Worse, the nearly 50% of Americans who pay no federal income tax can just keep voting for people who will give them stuff, while the rest of us have to work to pay for it.

And the people who want to work , legitimately can not find work making what they need to survive because their cost of living was determined on what they use to be able to make , are losing homes and not getting by because they do not know how to work the system or they do not qualify for stuff until they are genuinely destitute.

For years now it has been the middle classes that are being canibalized by society.

The welfare system is so corrupt it's not even funny. With my job I find myself going into houses in depressed areas and find Medicade users with $3k Smart TV. Hand out in wawa in the same areas and you will find the staff arguing with people what thier EBT card can cover, when wawa refuses to allow its use they bust out a wad of 20s and 50/ from thier pockets.

Another common situation is woman has baby and gets welfare assistance yet baby daddy still lives with them and provides them with smart phones and a Lexus.

I can go on and on with examples...

Since we're on a rant, I remember back when my wife and I were just starting our lives together. Things were really rough, just barely getting by. She had a full-time job and I had a full-time job and several things part-time, on the side. We'd go to the food store and get hamburger and chicken (chicken was damn cheap back than) as our only meat products. The people with food-stamps were getting top-of-the line food, like steaks, seafood, etc. It really bothered us.

Fast forward today, I find it amazing that damn near every person I've ever seen on welfare, food stamps, public assistance, etc always seemed to be able to afford jewelry, a cell phone and smokes. What's up with that?

I am currently unemployed and am having problems finding work at a pay level where I can make ends meet. I can't get food stamps because I "make too much". Yet the people living near me who don't want to work are buying all kinds of expensive food and paying cash for what is not covered, yet I can barely buy the necessary groceries (Bread, milk, et al). Really pissed me off.

Just got home from acme.

Family of 4 including a baby on whole milk. Also breakfast and lunches for school (welfare recipients receive free school lunch) ice team, pop tarts a lot of meat and a few other non necessities.

$100 food will last 2 weeks

If I was on welfare receiving $35 per person I could have spent $280.

I don't want to hear it. That's an extra $180 to spend.

It's not just food stamps. I know plenty of people collecting unemployment insurance, and with rare exceptions, they have no interest in looking for work. Why would you go out to work when you're getting a check for staying home? Worse, the nearly 50% of Americans who pay no federal income tax can just keep voting for people who will give them stuff, while the rest of us have to work to pay for it.

I can't tell you how many people have applied for jobs with me and come right out and say that they NEED to be paid in cash because they are collecting unemployment. I'm amazed at how blatant some people are about it, they will reply by email to a Craig'slist add when they don't even know who I am or what company I represent. It's just wrong on so many levels, not to mention that I would be complicit in fraud if I agreed to do it.

I know it happens, but reading this stuff here makes it even more real, further infuriating me. I have no problems with legit social welfare, to help someone get back on their feet. I do have a huge problem with social leaches who game the system for free handouts. What makes it worse, is that they feel they are entitled to it, that they deserve it. They think money grows on trees, and Uncle Sam can just keep printing more and more.

I have a friend who has a habit of working 6-8 months then getting himself laid off. He then collects unemployment till he's out of extensions. Usually he gets some sort of part time cash job when he is almost out of extension funds. Only then does he go find another job.

My aunt worked for the welfare office as a case worker for over 25 years. She had stories that made our heads spin!

My friend just bought a house that has one lower income working person and one section 8 person. The section 8 person drives an older lexus and takes 4 trips a year back to the old country.Every finger has a gold ring on it. She pays a $100 a month for her apartment section 8 pays the rest. The working man takes the bus and wears beat up cloths and pays $1000 a month.He must be going nuts knowing where his taxes are going while walking by that lexus every day.

It just does not seem right.

Free housing, free utilities, $1 a day car insurance, free furniture, free cell phone, free health care and sure a few things I forget.

How dumb am I? I work, pay all my bills and use my own money to buy the things I need and want.

Like Tosser I also go into the homes of "people in need" and see the same things. They have better TV's and computers then I do.

I have decided I'm going to quit, and let the rest of you employed chumps pay for my family and my ammo. (JK)

The people who truely need the help have trouble getting it because the system is overwhelmed with people who know how to abuse the system.

A few years ago woodstown put in these brand new low income housing projects. They are basically really nice brand new condos that people barely pay to live in.

http://www.ingerman.com/rental.php?property_id=58

Now the residents are all pissed off because this place is right accross from a shopping centers and you can see the path of trash going from there to the projects. Not to mention why it's doing to the school system.

Free housing, free utilities, $1 a day car insurance, free furniture, free cell phone, free health care and sure a few things I forget.

Are you serious about this? I've never heard of these freebies, other than the free health care.

100% serious. When they get housing they get furniture vouchers and go to any participating furniture store and get brand new everything from a sofa to lamps. $1 a day car insurance is not available to everyone I forget the requirements but it is offered. The utilities goes through tricounty and they pay so much the welfare clients actually make money on it. The fill their oil tanks and split the difference in cash the the oil company. It's illegal but they do it. As far as the other utilities the clients usually end up with overpayments. They don't get it back in cash but it must be nice. Not to mention charity care if you need things your health insurance doesn't cover. Organizations like prac who give Latino clients food if they run out of food stamps (they turn away white people but expect us to buy tickets to their ball every year. Which I refuse to go to)

100% serious. When they get housing they get furniture vouchers and go to any participating furniture store and get brand new everything from a sofa to lamps. $1 a day car insurance is not available to everyone I forget the requirements but it is offered. The utilities goes through tricounty and they pay so much the welfare clients actually make money on it. The fill their oil tanks and split the difference in cash the the oil company. It's illegal but they do it. As far as the other utilities the clients usually end up with overpayments. They don't get it back in cash but it must be nice. Not to mention charity care if you need things your health insurance doesn't cover. Organizations like prac who give Latino clients food if they run out of food stamps (they turn away white people but expect us to buy tickets to their ball every year. Which I refuse to go to)

WOW. That's really sad. No wonder we're in the shape we are.

Hell you probably don't know this but there are hotels loaded with child molesters who live for free. Only certain places and house em because they have to be a certain distance from a school and the hotel has to be willing to take em. But they are around. I know of a couple in Pennsville. There are more but I know of those 2 for a fact. Every county has em and they are spaced all over.