Sandy

New rifle stock , thanks to junkmanted!PICS ADDED

I got my new to me shortened Ruger Mini 14 rifle stock yesterday , installed it today , can't WAIT to shoot it now that it fits me! I took it to the range Friday before I got the new stock..I have such short arms I had to unshoulder it and dig the stock into my side just to rack the bolt for the first round. Ted took 3 inches off of a take off stock I got for it and ground down the butt plate to fit nicely . I can reach everything now! I can rack the bolt , reach the trigger with my arm bent properly. Can't wait to try it out :)

Junkmanted did a really nice job. The rifle looks a little street bad a$$ with a super short stock on it ..but hey , that is how a person who needs a 10 1/2 in LOP rolls lol . It is legal overall length though , no worries :)

When Pete comes home from Ireland tomorrow I'll have him take some shots of me shouldering it so you can see the difference.

Anyway , just wanted to give a shout out to Junkmanted who took some time to fix a stock for me , just to be nice :) Thanks Ted!

I was laughing when I saw all the labels , scribbles etc. My house seems to be a postal black hole lately. The last 3 things I had shipped from or to me took a sideways ride and came back multiple times! I mean , who can't figure it out if you cross out "From" and put "To" ? Must be something up with my sorting center or something.

I was impressed with how nice and normal the butt plate looked ! Thanks :) Now the RO's won't be shaking their heads as I have a hard time racking my Mini 14 :)

Self portraits are the most trying lol . I need pics of me holding it ., for perspective :) I am so short .. the 9 year old down the block lost his ball in our yard today ( playing stickball in the street with tennis balls and an aluminum bat lol ) .. I was helping him look and I realize he is like an inch taller than I am. If I do ever get a tactical shotgun it is going to have to be a tricked out Little Buckaroo or something !

Yep , and truth be told , the take off stock I got is nice and stripey ( or is it stripy?? ) too. The stock junkmanted fixed for me is actually just as nice and has more pronounced tiger striping than the original I have. I guess a bunch of people who buy or get Minis from relatives want the tactical type stocks so they swap them out often. I got the new stock on Ebay for like 23 bucks plus shipping.

Pictures ! I have to get Pete to take some of me holding it , and the stock one , for comparison. But for now , check it out :) It now has a 10 1/2 inch LOP .

_DSC4785copy.jpg

_DSC4787copy.jpg

Nice tiger strip wood on this stock too

_DSC4790copy.jpg

_DSC4793copy.jpg

Thanks Ted !!!I'll get to shoot it tomorrow :)

Hey S. THAT is sweet! Good on you and good on Ted for doing such a beautiful job. Gorgeous.

As to the scope, how small is small? I was up at Ramsey and they have a tiny little red dot in a silver housing that would look great on that gun. Just a thought.

C