deni

New Pickup: CZ75 SP-01 Tactical

Thanks to Paul at Arms-n-Ammo who sourced it out and made it compliant.

Picked it up Monday, and shot it Tuesday.

Easily the most accurate handgun I've fired even though my other handguns IMO have better triggers.

Handles well but not a fan(aesthetically speaking) of the rubber grips.

Will be looking for VZ grips to replace them with (kinda upset I missed out on the vz coupon)

Can anyone tell me about the cz85 trigger and why I should be looking that way?

6991360846_32e9db20a0_z.jpg

7137444293_74a673f443_z.jpg

Nice CZ, Deni! Looks like CZ USA finally got their shipment in. They have 15rd mags on sale in their website.

As for the trigger feel, that can be improved by plenty of dry fire. You can also get a 13lb hammer spring to replace the stock ones.

very nice, i held a cz about 2 years ago i remember i liked the way it felt in my hand, but i was hard set on something different "glock", i ended up getting a beretta px4 instead go figure, it was my first purchase... how is the safety deactivated upwards like a beretta or downwards like and fnp, and 1911s?

The CZ85 Combat trigger is usually easy to identify. It is the less curved version, visually similar to what you see on a standard CZ75B or CZ75B Compact. The newer, more curved trigger is what you see on the newer models (P01, SP01, etc). I prefer the straighter CZ75B/85/85B trigger. The Combat is special because it has an overtravel screw in it. I would be lying if I said I use it on my CZ 85 Combat though. :)

The gun above has a decocking lever, like Sigs do. No need to thumb the hammer down. Other CZ models have the 1911 style safety where you need to thumb down the hammer. That is a big reason why the firing pin safety (designated by the B after the model number on CZ guns) was incorporated. The firing pin will not activate on a hammer fall unless the trigger has been pulled. The CZ 85 Combat is the only model with no decocker and also no firing pin safety.

I have a 75b and I sent it into CZ-Custom for some work. The gun came back very nice. I had a competition hammer done and a lighter main spring put in also new sights. The new hammer made a huge difference in the trigger. The DA is now very smooth and breaks cleanly. (they say 10lbs) I don't have a trigger scale but it is so smooth that its a pleasure to shoot DA. The SA trigger (they say 3-4 lbs.) is also smooth and crisp. Check out the CZ-Custom website to see what they can do to make your CZ better. I have been looking for a CZ Shadow SP-01 for a long time now. I just bought a STI Spartan in 9mm since I couldn't find an SP-01.

Good luck with it, you'll be really happy with it I promise!

I dunno why everyone picks up a CZ and then wants to immediately start modding them be it triggers or springs or whatever else. They are perfectly good pistols from the factory. I haven't done one thing to my 75b and I can shoot holes inside holes all day with it. But I guess everyone has their preferences..

Good luck with it, you'll be really happy with it I promise!

I dunno why everyone picks up a CZ and then wants to immediately start modding them be it triggers or springs or whatever else. They are perfectly good pistols from the factory. I haven't done one thing to my 75b and I can shoot holes inside holes all day with it. But I guess everyone has their preferences..

Really, try my CZ 75-TS and feel that trigger, feels better than a lot of guns who have had a trigger job done on them.

Now my CZ 85 Combat, I will be working the trigger some..