Pete2674

Going to PA for memorial weekend.

lots of threads on this already. Its a matter of opinion it seems if "transporting to another state" or "transporting for CCW activities" is a "valid" reason.

Look at my post history, i even started a thread about it a while back.

Well going away for Memorial weekend to a resort in PA. I have my Non Res Florida CCW. Anyone think I'll have a problem carrying or transporting from NJ To PA and back?

No, unless you plan on getting pulled over in NJ and telling the cop you have a gun. Here's a pro-tip about NJ's transport laws: don't get pulled over. If you get pulled over (and your guns are out of sight in your trunk), then keep your yapper shut. But generally: don't get pulled over.

Follow all transporting laws while in NJ, DON'T ccw until you cross state lines into PA. And from there follow all carry laws while you are in America. You are going on vacation, and plan to do some shooting while you are there. End of Story.

PA is a great destination for Memorial Weekend. Cape May County is a very BAD destination.... Pass that info along. I have Utah and carry in PA every time I go, no issues. Don't volunteer that you have a gun if you get pulled over in NJ, better yet don't get pulled over. Have fun.

State law prohibits you from leaving NJ. If you do, you may realize that you actually live in NJ and have rights, even if they are denied. LOL!

I own a small home in PA since the 90's. I cringe everytime I see the welcome to NJ sign on the way home. I say to myself right denied everytime I cross that line.LOL

I took the NRA Pistol Instructor course in Pa last weekend, and CC'd the entire time I was there with my FL. Permit.

I scrutinize the gun laws on a regular basis, and came across an interesting Federal Law known as the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995:

"This federal law, which is currently on the books, effectively bans all concealed carry reciprocity agreements between States, by making it illegal for any person to have a functional firearm within 1000 Feet of the property line of any Elementary or High School in our country, with very few exceptions."

Source, and a must read for all of us IMHO: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/politics/7837-concealed-carry-reciprocity-currently-banned-under-federal-law-important.html

Just remember the way you transport from one state to another is covered under FOPA, also remember that the way you transport is different than from home to the range when you are not leaving the state.

Could you elaborate on this Harry?

I actually stumbled upon it myself.

For anyone who is interested.

http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_trans.html

For anyone who is interested.

http://www.njsp.org/...fire_trans.html

From that link...2nd section....Paragraph III

1. A person who is transporting a firearm though the State of New Jersey in the manner permitted by person's possession 18 U.S.C.A. 926A, see Section II above, need not give notice.

Very important that. If you are transporting via FOPA you do not have to mention the firearms if you get pulled over for a traffic violation.