david8613

stuff i wouldnt put on my ar...

i finished my spikes tactical ar sometime ago, and started to buy little accessories and man i dont like some of the stuff out there, like for instance i picked up a magpul sling attachment did not like it, i also picked up a magwell grip, me no like... so i ask before i spend anymore money, what are some things i should avoid, and what things i shouldnt... i also picked a magpul bad lever and magpul afg, we will see what happens...

i finished my spikes tactical ar sometime ago, and started to buy little accessories and man i dont like some of the stuff out there, like for instance i picked up a magpul sling attachment did not like it, i also picked up a magwell grip, me no like... so i ask before i spend anymore money, what are some things i should avoid, and what things i shouldnt... i also picked a magpul bad lever and magpul afg, we will see what happens...

The common theme with all these purchases you didn't like is that they're all magpul. Maybe buy another manufacturer?

IMO, Magpul makes some top notch quality stuff for a good price. If you find yourself not liking their stuff, check out Vltor, Troy Industries, and Daniel Defense. There are plenty of others out there as well.

Advise from others on how to personalized YOUR rifle won't help you much. Get out and shoot it, and only buy what you need. The extras should enhance the rifle for your intended purposes(defense, competion, comfortable shooting for the range). It is not uncommon to have to try a few types of grips, slings and mounts or other accessories to find what works for you for your intended purposes. Stick with the quality manufacturers for your parts, when they don't work for you they're usually easy to resell.

actually i like magpul i have magpul moe + grip, it feels good. i was resisting that brand because it was very common, but there parts are pretty good. my rail is samson and my stock vltor but l think part of my problem is i dont like too much stuff hanging off my gear, same with my hand guns, and cars, bikes. i like to keep my stuff simple and clean straight from the factory, i guess... but i wanted to know what people have put on there ar and said "OMG THIS IS BASURA!!!"

Establishing a clear purpose for the rifle might weed out some extras, don't need a tac light for a match rifle..etc

my formula so far has been, buy almost everything I can afford, and switch setups until satisfied.

Ultimately, the answer is own more than one rifle..

ok here is an example in pic this piece is a magwell grip, good idea but didnt really like it on my rifle, plus i notice my mags dont drop as easily with it on. i read somewhere i might need to use a dremel for better fitment. not sure if in gonna put it back on. i put the magpul b.a.d. lever, i like it...

5487c2ee.jpg

refer to this post I made a few moments ago..

the need to mount specific items justifies the need for the rail..

the rail does not justify the need to mount specific items...

I used to run a rail system on my ARs but not anymore.. for a move and go multipurpose weapon.. I prefer to just use the MOE hand guard since it is so light and then a light.. optic..sling.. and BUIS.. that is all I feel I NEED on a multipurpose AR..

ok here is an example in pic this piece is a magwell grip, good idea but didnt really like it on my rifle, plus i notice my mags dont drop as easily with it on. i read somewhere i might need to use a dremel for better fitment. not sure if in gonna put it back on. i put the magpul b.a.d. lever, i like it...

5487c2ee.jpg

Well the first problem with it is that that's not were you are supposed to hold your rifle from, so the grip part is kinda worthless to begin with. The second problem is that it isn't much of a magwell, some competition shooters love the arendando magwell, but even that needs to be fitted to work well, personally I don't see the need.