Sign in to follow this  
Tackleberry 03

WTB a nice Wheel gun

you could check charter arms here, very affordable...

http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Firearms_products.asp

or check out a used Taurus also very affordable, I picked up a used Taurus 617 357 mag. in your price range a while back, and it's a very underrated gun, really nice trigger.

Look for a used Ruger GP100, SP101, Speed Six, Security Six, Service Six, Taurus 66, or S&W 686... I would suggest a 3 to 4" barrel.

For versatility and quality I will second the Smith 60 w/ a 3" barrel, but you will pay for it.

http://www.thetrutha...agnum-take-two/

Look for a used Ruger GP100, SP101, Speed Six, Security Six, Service Six, Taurus 66, or S&W 686... I would suggest a 3 to 4" barrel.

This - except I would skip Taurus or Charter Arms. These two are hit or miss. Sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't - especially used. You don't want someones headache. I have heard Taurus customer service isn't the best. Stick to Ruger or S&W used.

Edit - I didn't notice this was a market place post. Sorry.

This - except I would skip Taurus or Charter Arms. These two are hit or miss. Sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't - especially used. You don't want someones headache. I have heard Taurus customer service isn't the best. Stick to Ruger or S&W used.

The Taurus service revolvers made at the end of the revolver reign, late 80s early 90s, such as the Model 66 were very good quality, as Taurus was going for the law enforcement market when Glock happened. I'd probably avoid earlier stuff, though. With a serial number in hand, you can find out the year of production at Taurus's site. I'd say the newer things are about as good a quality as any. My new Ruger had to be recently returned as well, and I consider Ruger a good revolver. Ruger took care of it quickly, though, and Taurus might not. Still, a lifetime warranty is a nice thing to have with the Taurus. Anyway, this post is in the Marketplace and not the handgun area. There was a stainless Taurus 66 on Gunbroker (in Vineland) that might be nice but it had a 6" barrel.

sigman have you owned a taurus or charter? i shot my taurus 617 numerous times with hot 357, with zero problems, love those firey halos! also lately i have been hearing good things with charter arms, i was considering there 44 at one point. remember op has a budget, and its not really s&w, ruger budget.

I am looking for a nice wheel gun something like a 357. I have about $350 i have a permit i can use in 30 days. So if someone wants to work something out send me an email and photos of what you have and we can see what we can work out.

That request is a bit broad. Intended purpose? Desired barrel length? Fixed or adjustable sights? Preferred brand? Robertson's Trading Post out of TN does a lot of S&W LE trade-ins that would fit well within your budget. Test your Google-fu and see what they have.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sign in to follow this