Pizza Bob

If Your PD Drags Their Feet on FPID/P2P’s – READ THIS

I live in a small town and only took 3-4 weeks for PID card... i just submitted my handgun purchase on Monday May 14th - lets see how long it takes a small town...

just got mine!!! FIRST PERMIT!! month and a 1/2 not to bad i guess considering the PD was busy with a high profile crime..

Constitutional rights? Are you being denied firearms ownership? Please, I all for firearms ownership, but some of you 2A extremists think you should be able to buy guns as easily as a can of soda. Yes, NJ laws suck, but no body is being denied their 2A rights because of the delay.

<---- Hopes MrSurfboard has to wait a minimum of six months for your next permit.

The same government regulates my privilege of driving a car. They manage to turn that process around in a day or less and a car is as dangerous (or moreso) than a gun.

You guys just don't get it. It's not that it takes that long to check, it's that there are a stack of a 100 or so similar applications ahead of you. It takes time to get through it. There is no reason for NJ to continue to use the old fashion and redundant paper system. This is the reason for the delay, not some sinister anti gun plan by your local PD.

How do you know there are hundreds being processed at the local level? Just curious how you can make a statement like that without factual proof.

From what i have read it is generally the local PD that drags its feet and not due to not enough man power(not in my town anyway)

Constitutional rights? Are you being denied firearms ownership? Please, I all for firearms ownership, but some of you 2A extremists think you should be able to buy guns as easily as a can of soda. Yes, NJ laws suck, but no body is being denied their 2A rights because of the delay.

Wow, thats ponderous. I will respond with a quote that holds true here, as with every other CIVIL RIGHT.

A right delayed is a right denied.

I spoke with a Capt. with the Jackson PD this week. He stated that they were inundated with p2p apps this year and have a backlog of "over 100 apps" to get through. I glimpsed a list of names waiting for p2p's and I'd guess over 200 people are on it. I've been waiting since April. I was told it would be another 4-6 weeks "at least" to receive my permits. The Captain sounded legit. I don't believe its a conspiracy. I think he'd rather be doing policework than paperwork. I can't imagine how long it would take if the state took over the process!

It's easy to get 'backlogged' if you aren't doing anything with them when you get them!

I wish I could just not do parts of my job and use the excuse that I am 'backlogged' as a reason not to do it...

I spoke with a Capt. with the Jackson PD this week. He stated that they were inundated with p2p apps this year and have a backlog of "over 100 apps" to get through. I glimpsed a list of names waiting for p2p's and I'd guess over 200 people are on it. I've been waiting since April. I was told it would be another 4-6 weeks "at least" to receive my permits. The Captain sounded legit. I don't believe its a conspiracy. I think he'd rather be doing policework than paperwork. I can't imagine how long it would take if the state took over the process!

You should have asked them how many they can process in a day.

I know in one town I dealt with it in, they sent out the references immediately and they went on the stack. You got printed you went to the next stack. That stack got processed twice a month and sent to the state. Two guys, alternated weeks printing, printed only one day a week. The stack was about 100-150 any given period. 50-60 day turnaround and they weren't working that hard at it, and a good 10-14 days of that was the lazy ass chief.

100 days is bull, sorry.