Amurr

Are there any fixed stocks which will fit on a Carbine buffer

The Sully Stock:

http://www.thedefens...tegory_s/51.htm

I have one on a carbine now. It's made of SOLID fiberglass....yeah, it's friggin' heavy. I'm going to switch to a pinned Magpul.

Also, Rock River has their Entry Stock.

But these require me to swap out the tube correct? same springs and buffer but new tube. I guess I am asking in there any drop and go fixed stock which will fit directly on to a standard m4 extension tube?

You know, it looks like you're right about that. It's been on this gun for so long, I forgot which extension was used. I would have bet the farm it was just a regular carbine extension.

However, a quick search of the intarwebz confirmed what you're thinking - the Sully Stock uses an oddball extension. So does the RR Entry Stock.

Thanks, Just curious if there is something that will not require either:

A. Pin Job

B. A1/A2 receiver extension

Thanks guys

Yes, the VLTOR rifle mod stock. It is an A1 or A2 length (they come in both sizes) and can fit on either an A1/A2 style receiver extension or a carbine style. If it goes on a carbine style, it needs to be pinned as it will be considered a collapsable stock, even though it isn't.

The Sully Stock:

http://www.thedefens...tegory_s/51.htm

I have one on a carbine now. It's made of SOLID fiberglass....yeah, it's friggin' heavy. I'm going to switch to a pinned Magpul.

That weight might not be so bad. I have an a1 stock and it's so light I was thinking of added some weight to better balance the gun.

The questions is why not switch to a rifle length tube? If you are going to pin your stock odds are it won't be in the shortest position anyway unless you are 5ft tall or wear body armor all the time, so at that point why not switch to a A1/A2 length stock? replacing the tube/spring/buffer is not an expensive proposition nor a technically challenging one.