HarryLee

What's the most often used weapon in homicides?

There's a term I've heard used in these "polls". If I recall correctly, it's called a weapon of opportunity. Which is whatever you have on hand or at your disposal.

I read within the last year that the most deaths by gun are from 22's. Don't remember where I saw it, I'll see if I can find it. I imagine its because they are inexpensive and a lot of people own them. That included accident and murder.

I read within the last year that the most deaths by gun are from 22's. Don't remember where I saw it, I'll see if I can find it. I imagine its because they are inexpensive and a lot of people own them. That included accident and murder.

After doing a search, it depends on what stats you read, 38 caliber is high on the list, 22's are lower.

In 2007 12,632 violent intentional homicides/injuries were committed with firearms , out of a total of 18,361 total violent intentional homicides/injuries .1,981 violent homicides/injuries were committed using sharp piercing objects.

Play around with the filters ..good informational site. Last full set of data is 2007 though.

http://webappa.cdc.g...trate10_sy.html