antimatter

Copy of ID card to order ammo online to NJ

Coercing a company by threatening to fine them in order to force the company not to do business, doesn't seem appear to seem right especially when there is a federal law protecting the transactions. NJ appears to be trying to prohibit interstate commerce of a product that is federally protected and specifically spelled out in law.

Coercing a company by threatening to fine them in order to force the company not to do business, doesn't seem appear to seem right especially when there is a federal law protecting the transactions. NJ appears to be trying to prohibit interstate commerce of a product that is federally protected and specifically spelled out in law.

Nothing new however, this is exactly why Sportsmans guide will NOT sell you any..I say again ANY part for an AR-platform Rifle if you live in NJ...Not an Iron Sight, not a Pin..NO Part whatsoever

The worst NJ could do to them would be fines or prohibiting them from doing business with NJ customers [if even that]. You're exaggerating the risk they actually face. It isn't like a company is a living & breathing person an NJ state trooper can arbitrarily arrest and charge with non-existant violations, unlike all of us.

Also, $10,000 worth of business? I'm 1 guy and Midway probably saw at least $4,000 from me over the course of the 3 years I shopped there, prior to their no ammo to NJ stance. It's their company and they can do what they wish, but it's hardly a trivial amount of money they're passing on.

$4000 in merchandise isnt $4000 in gross profit, i have no idea what they make from NJ in a year, but I'm sure the sky is the limit with potential legal fees too. I believe since they do business in NJ, if they were subpoenaed they would be legally required to address it. I was just throwing out numbers for argument sake, but my point was I'm sure if NJ gives them enough grief they will throw in the towel eventually. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending NJ, and I agree its a bunch of bull - I'm just saying that arguing the legality of it is a moot point if the ammo vendors don't feel the fight is worth it. The state ignores the law on permit times and gun buy backs, why would legality stop them here?

I reached out to the owner of Midway today, on behalf of those of us who want to purchase from him. It appears to be a mis-interpretation of the NJ laws regarding shipping ammo into NJ and a distaste for maintaining FID card and DL copies on file. We'll see how this plays out.

I reached out to the owner of Midway today, on behalf of those of us who want to purchase from him. It appears to be a mis-interpretation of the NJ laws regarding shipping ammo into NJ and a distaste for maintaining FID card and DL copies on file. We'll see how this plays out.

I need to look into how Midway handles Illinois, as I understand it ... a Illinois FOID card has to be on file in order for them to ship. Midway or any other company should NOT single out New Jersey and yet allow other states that require ID cards like Illinois.

I looked at J&G sales and they require a FOID on file to ship ammo to IL. Another company (Elite Ammunition) requires a FOID. I looked at Midway, I didn't see restriction although I understand it is when you enter the address and zip is when it all comes into play. I'll look into this further. I wonder what they require from Massachusetts.

I need to look into how Midway handles Illinois, as I understand it ... a Illinois FOID card has to be on file in order for them to ship. Midway or any other company should NOT single out New Jersey and yet allow other states that require ID cards like Illinois.

I looked at J&G sales and they require a FOID on file to ship ammo to IL. Another company (Elite Ammunition) requires a FOID. I looked at Midway, I didn't see restriction although I understand it is when you enter the address and zip is when it all comes into play. I'll look into this further. I wonder what they require from Massachusetts.

I was going to ask you about Mass regarding your previous post stating that shipping ammo is federally protected (which is good to know, and I was not aware of). I see A LOT of companies that will not ship any ammo to individuals in Mass or even the components for reloading. I figured they must have a prohibition on shipping it there...... wonder if anyone ever challenged that based on federal law.

Got that right! I wanted a $9 pic mount for my bm handle.. They refused the order. Yet, I had literally thousands of rounds of all ammo types shipped to my door with no questions asked... I love SG but some of the rules are nuts. Now tonite I was skimming through a new catalog from them. They sell a scope in there with rails all around and will ship that. They wont even ship you dust covers. I also bought a 9mm threaded barrel. No questions asked. Makes ya scratch your head sometimes...

Nothing new however, this is exactly why Sportsmans guide will NOT sell you any..I say again ANY part for an AR-platform Rifle if you live in NJ...Not an Iron Sight, not a Pin..NO Part whatsoever

Sent from John's iPad

Just an update on MIDWAY and their handgun ammo sales to NJ..Answer still NO! Customer service (Brian..sure sounded like Larry's voice).. said Midway not going to change entire way Midway keeps records just for NJ..I asked how hard could that be for such a big company and their state of the art computers and shipping? Evidenly too hard...We get punished for NJ politicians..keep my records I don't care, Dick's etc. already doesI said bye bye and called another seller that has my info on file.

I just ordered 9mm from Palmetto State Armory for $10.49 a box with free shipping, which is about the best deal I've seen. Their site said NJ residents need to provide an FID, so I took a picture of it with my iPhone and e-mailed it, then called them to confirm they received it. That took all of about 2 minutes and they said that was fine. I don't see what the big deal is if they are trying to cover their a**, it's not their fault that NJ isn't gun friendly.

I did the same thing here and worked out great. They have some good prices!

You can thank ex-Gov Corzine for the law on FPID and handgun ammo. I am POSITIVE the eventual intent is to ban all online or mail order sales of ammo to NJ, by requiring the FPID be shown in person. This is the reasoning behind the CMP being told to stop shipping rifles to NJ directly to homes. The current AG and Gov are not bothering to push it, but get a Democrat Governor in NJ again, even Sweeney, and that's the way it will go. All of you self identified Liberals and Democrats, if you voted for Corzine, gaze upon the results of your error.

Well said. Next democrat governor will crush all online purchases I'm sure in NJ.