BigHayden

Pro-gun legislation moving forward in NJ???

Apparently Donald Norcross listens to GFH Radio and thinks that it is stupid that the Friends of the NRA can't have real guns at their auctions, only pictures. He and Burzichelli (both Dems, btw) have introduced a bill to allow guns to be displayed at non-profit auctions and that bill is currently in committee. The companion bill was passed unanimously in the Senate.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/158375595.html

A baby step in the right direction, I think.

Ceasefire NJ, a gun-violence prevention group, has taken a neutral stance on the narrowly focused bill. "We didn't see this as making it easier to auction firearms," said Nicola Bocour, the organization's director.

What happened to Bryan Miller?

Nicola Bocour has a law degree from Seton Hall. She's been on the board of directors of Ceasefire NJ since 2005, and created New Yorkers Against Gun Violence in 2007. She is currently a legal researcher at Columbia University.

Oh.

http://www.yatedo.com/p/Nicola+Bocour/normal/76e4d917e957ccbeaeb740f957a16a79

It's such a small step that it's hard to get excited about it, but I guess we should be happy for any movement in the right direction.

Ceasefire NJ, a gun-violence prevention group,?

I believe almost all of us here are opposed to gun violence. We would just like to be armed so we could prevent it!

For a second, after seeing the title I thought perhaps there were considerations to do away with the FID system due to cost, or at least make it computer based to speed it up, or something else.

I suppose we should be happy though, since, for once, it's not a law being passed to limit rights. I suppose neutral is better than negative...

The only thing good I see here is that they are beginning to believe that us "Gun Nuts" will actually show up to vote. That they listen to GFH radio is an indication that they are trying to see which way the wind is blowing.

Nicola Bocour has a law degree from Seton Hall. She's been on the board of directors of Ceasefire NJ since 2005, and created New Yorkers Against Gun Violence in 2007. She is currently a legal researcher at Columbia University.

Did she pass the bar?

I hate her and I dont even know her.

For some reason, the old saying "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" comes to mind. I'm sure anti's listen to and read plenty of pro gun sites and books. As mentioned before, there's an election coming.

I'll start doing the happy dance when we get OGAM or P2P by the PD repealed! Better yet, when I can buy a rifle with an adjustable stock or a M1 Carbine!

Somehow this made the front page of the New Jersey section of the Philadelphia Inquirer today. I didnt read the whole article, but honestly to me it does not seem the slightest bit newsworthy. As others said above, this is a non-issue in most states.

It's good that it's newsworthy. The vast majority of people have no knowledge of NJ gun laws and how they compare to other states. Once the "regular" people read and see how ridiculous a lot of the gun laws, they might start to think that the antis are over the top.

Sweet, at this pace, we'll have OGAM repealed by about 2036. :laugh: :laugh:

I kid. It's cool that they'd do something like that, but it's really kind of, y'know, useless. Maybe if they start seeing us show up to the polls more, they'll do something awesome like repeal that stupid AWB.