I'm actually ok with my score -- 158.85

I shot a 1911 in 45acp -- 7rnd mags --I did have a few rounds where I had to change mags.

I really don't have much experience drawing from a holster either.

I've got a score to improve on now. I'll be cutting my own plates over the weekend to get some practice.

I'll do better next time.

Jer

I'm actually ok with my score -- 158.85

I shot a 1911 in 45acp -- 7rnd mags --I did have a few rounds where I had to change mags.

I really don't have much experience drawing from a holster either.

I've got a score to improve on now. I'll be cutting my own plates over the weekend to get some practice.

I'll do better next time.

Jer

I think harry mentioned this already, but .45 is a horrible caliber to compete with for speed on steel. I'd recommend sticking with 9mm / 38 / .22 if available to you

Ok, so who is in-charge of the scores? I have 3 DNF's and I know I didn't run out of ammo or time and did not DQ, so what gives?

I know when I was doing the score sheet you did have a couple DNFs on the scorecard. I don't know why. I don't really know the rules. Does missing a plate cause a DNF?

I know when I was doing the score sheet you did have a couple DNFs on the scorecard. I don't know why. I don't really know the rules. Does missing a plate cause a DNF?

Missing a plate does not cause a DNF, If he goes back to a plate after a miss and hits it, no penalties.

If you miss a plate completely and hit the stop plate you get a 3 second penalty.

If you miss the stop plate entirely, you get a 30 second penalty

DNFs are typically a result of being disqualified, running out of ammo and not being able to finish, or a no show.

Sounds like whoever was doing the score sheets didnt know what they were writing

typically a result of being disqualified, running out of ammo and not being able to finish, or a no show.

Sounds like whoever was doing the score sheets didnt know what they were writing

none of that happened -- guess it was just a miscommunication between time keeper the person who actually logged it in. We had 6 different people on the clipboard throughout the day.

I just want to see my scores to compare to the wifeys, we had our own side-bet going-on. There were a few times that my gun jammed on the first shot, I cleared the gun and then did the next round, that should have been a 30 second round, no?

I do not remember not being able to do 4 of the 5 runs though................

I'll have to get in touch with Dave Z and see what the scoop is.

45ACP probably not your best choice for steel, while I have shot .40 S&W, I am working my CZ 85 Combat 9mm as my main steel gun. 40 gets too expensive let alone 45ACP. That and you only need to make 125PF for steel, no need for higher than that and USPSA is not 195PF for Major, it's 165PF. For the cost difference over a year between shooting 45 vs 9 you probably would be better off if you didn't have one already to get a 9mm handgun..

Yeah i am tossed up between getting a nine or getting reloading equipment and loading down the .45. I will do both at some point but it is just a matter of making the decision of which to do first

Ok, so who is in-charge of the scores? I have 3 DNF's and I know I didn't run out of ammo or time and did not DQ, so what gives?

I saw that mike and i know you shot the whole second set of stages with the carbine cause i was with you i timed your last 2 stages and you deffinitly shot them

Yeah i am tossed up between getting a nine or getting reloading equipment and loading down the .45. I will do both at some point but it is just a matter of making the decision of which to do first

I have 2K of brand new +P 45 brass and this stuff will last a long time as well as another 2.5-3k of once fired Brass. Even though I roll my own, I would rather reload 9mm for Speed on Steel as well as Action Steel. Even with reloading, it's a lot cheaper to shoot 9mm vs, .45... That and what gun are you using and what's the mag capacity? If it's 7 or 8 shot, ok for speed on steel, I'd still rather have more for misses (yes I miss, I can show you how, I'm a pro.. lol)

However if you shoot Action Steel and you don't have 10 round Mags, you're at a huge disadvantage, but on the plus side, you would get good at mag changes, down side is you wold need a crap-load of mags. lol

Just a few other points to think about..

I have 2K of brand new +P 45 brass and this stuff will last a long time as well as another 2.5-3k of once fired Brass. Even though I roll my own, I would rather reload 9mm for Speed on Steel as well as Action Steel. Even with reloading, it's a lot cheaper to shoot 9mm vs, .45... That and what gun are you using and what's the mag capacity? If it's 7 or 8 shot, ok for speed on steel, I'd still rather have more for misses (yes I miss, I can show you how, I'm a pro.. lol)

However if you shoot Action Steel and you don't have 10 round Mags, you're at a huge disadvantage, but on the plus side, you would get good at mag changes, down side is you wold need a crap-load of mags. lol

Just a few other points to think about..

Thanks for the info HD. i have not shot action steel yet i am using 8 rounders i currently have 6 of them plus 2 7's if i need them. the only problem is i only have room for 6 on my pouches. Where did you get the +p brass can you order it or was someone just shooting it and you got the brass.

Thansk