Ok so I'm looking to get a Gun forum squad set up for this thing. Whose shooting?

Ive got me in 1 maybe 2 divisions, and my girlfriends dad shooting.

caugh caugh Alec & Nick

Henry

Will

Alec

Nick (maybe)

Freejersey (maybe)

Mikeythumbs

Elvis (maybe)

I am goinng to try and make this match as there is nothing going on at CJ that i want to shoot this weekend. I wil probably just shoot .22 Pistol iron sights. I do have 2 questions .22 is started from low ready right no penalty for no holster. Also is it still 20 dollars for each division if I have a Steel Challenge card. hope to see you guys there

What are the ammo and equipment requirements for this -- I'd love to try it out as a new guy.

I'd also love for my 12 year old son to shoot it but I'm lacking on .22 rimfire mags

Jer

For 22LR hand or rifle it's just that, and for handgun you don't need a holster you can come to the line with the gun in a bag. You have 5 targets with 1 identified as a stop target that gets shot last. Each stage consists of 5 runs, so its best to have a bare minimum of 3 mags 4 is better, 5 is perfect. Squad with the NJGF members and they are very helpful if you need help with getting mags loaded as you shoot the stage.

Same thing for center-fire rifle and handgun but unlike rimfire you would rather start from a holster, in rimfire you don't get a penalty for starting in the low ready position, but center-fire you do. Again, same thing with the mags as above, with 1 exception. If you have more than 10 round mags, especially 15 rounders you can get away with less being you can shoot 2 times with a 15 round mag most times.

Expect 5 or 6 stages so minimum round count 125 to 150 rounds but I recommend at least 200 to 250 or more to have on hand, not that you will need it, but it's better to have more and take the remaining home, than not have enough to finish.

Oh, also you don't need mag holders for static steel either.

Alright Myself and my son a gearing up to shoot this tomorrow --

What happens with lunch? Last time I was there they had a barbecue running but that was the big match at the beginning of the month.

We also are looking for some Ruger MK III mags -- I've got 2 so I could always load for my son He's gonna shoot the MKIII hunter.

I've got enough mags for my gun 1911 45acp

How do they handle the newbs? Do they try and keep them on 1 squad or are we able to join you guys if you'll have us?

Jer

Alright Myself and my son a gearing up to shoot this tomorrow --

What happens with lunch? Last time I was there they had a barbecue running but that was the big match at the beginning of the month.

We also are looking for some Ruger MK III mags -- I've got 2 so I could always load for my son He's gonna shoot the MKIII hunter.

I've got enough mags for my gun 1911 45acp

How do they handle the newbs? Do they try and keep them on 1 squad or are we able to join you guys if you'll have us?

Jer

No BBQ tomorrow... That was just for regionals. You guys should bring something to hold you over till at least 2pm.

I'll have my MK3 hunter too. You're more than welcome to borrow my mags. Just make sure you squad/hand in the paperwork with the NJGF gang. I'll be the short fat guy with the red truck.