Well, they did split it into two sessions today. Everyone shot one gun in the morning. Those that had a second gun shot again in the afternoon. I think 10 of us actually stayed and ran a second gun. Talk about going through the stages FAST!

I like it. This will let people shoot shotgun or black powder in the morning and then come over for the afternoon session. It also allows those that have stuff to do in the morning still come and shoot steel in the afternoon.

If you only want to shoot one gun you will get out of these around lunchtime which is also a plus for many.

It sure sounded like you guys had a lot of fun! After Shotgun League I did Black Powder and led the rifles with a 132 x 150, so I had a full day too!

Really nice to see everyone there and put faces with names!

Enjoy the rest of Father's Day!

Dave

It started as soon as the first group finished, so there really wasn't a fixed time. I also don't think it was a "planned" 2 session day until they saw how many people showed up. I guess they didn't want 6 groups of ten or more people with multiple people shooting two guns. It would have taken forever.

Having the second session is a great idea, since like Nick stated it would have taken forever for everyone to get through a single session. Black Powder ended around 3:30-ish and I still heard Steel finishing-up! Having the second session means those that don't have two guns to shoot or can't hang around all day can leave early or not show-up until they're really needed. It also affords members the opportunity of doing more than one discipline on the same day--just like I did with Shotgun and Black Powder today.

One of the things that Dave Z. is able to do well is think on his feet. That's why he's the Discipline Chairman for 3rd Sunday Steel. Hope you all had loads of fun and made it home in time to celebrate Father's Day.

Dave

Having the second session is a great idea, since like Nick stated it would have taken forever for everyone to get through a single session. Black Powder ended around 3:30-ish and I still heard Steel finishing-up! Having the second session means those that don't have two guns to shoot or can't hang around all day can leave early or not show-up until they're really needed. It also affords members the opportunity of doing more than one discipline on the same day--just like I did with Shotgun and Black Powder today.

One of the things that Dave Z. is able to do well is think on his feet. That's why he's the Discipline Chairman for 3rd Sunday Steel. Hope you all had loads of fun and made it home in time to celebrate Father's Day.

Dave

Steel was done and broken by down by 3. I think the 10 of us did all six stages in about an hour. I like it but if you start to get alot of guys coming for that second shoot it will go till 4:00 or later and it is just going to be a long day

I had a great time at my first steel match. It was made possible by NickC and Heavyopp who provided me with extra mkiii mags. Thanks so much, guys. I owe you one. I definitely need more practice. I tended to rush (especially after Jeremy suggested I not rush my double taps....totally rushed...lol)

Best run of the day for me was on Stage 4, I think, at 2.62. I was stoked that Nick recorded it with my phone. I will have to see if I can get it up on here. :-D

I'm looking forward to the july shoot.

I had a great time at my first steel match. It was made possible by NickC and Heavyopp who provided me with extra mkiii mags. Thanks so much, guys. I owe you one. I definitely need more practice. I tended to rush (especially after Jeremy suggested I not rush my double taps....totally rushed...lol)

Best run of the day for me was on Stage 4, I think, at 2.62. I was stoked that Nick recorded it with my phone. I will have to see if I can get it up on here. :-D

I'm looking forward to the july shoot.

Both of you guys did a great job. We had a lot of 1st time steel shooters today and it's always nice to see some new forum members give it a try. But be warned, this $h1ts addictive.

Both of you guys did a great job. We had a lot of 1st time steel shooters today and it's always nice to see some new forum members give it a try. But be warned, this $h1ts addictive.

Addictive --- Really???

I had a great time too -- things got better once I settled down and remembered to aim. There was no pressure at all but I still found myself jittery at the line.

You regulars really did make it easy for us new guys -- Thanks

Jer

Cheryl caught a piece of shrapnel in the cheek. It was a deep lil F$%ER too.

Ouch. Shrapnel happens with steel. Jim Norman got a chunk that hit him on his stomach area once.

I think I got fragged at the last USPSA match at CJ - had a big cut on my finger that I don't know what it was from....

O-K Guys!

Not to be a PITA, but let us all refrain from saying that someone "got shot" when it was merely a piece of separated jacket. Kudos to Nick for putting this FIRE out!

We don't need some "Anti" who's trollin' around to copy and paste anything about someone "getting shot" at our favorite range.

I'm off of my soapbox now.......

And most importantly, I'm glad to hear that Cheryl is O-K! You (the Gringo) scared the S$*T outta me. Not to mention just thinkin' about losin' all of those good cookies, lol!

Dave

Dave, we are trying to determine if the gun malfunctioned somehow. We all heard the round hit the steel, but before the round hit SHE was hit and had some lead stuck in her cheek not too far from her eye. It appeared to come out of the gun, it did not come off the targets. This is a S&W 22A we picked-up recently. Don't know if it possibly fired before the bolt was fully closed. Happened so fast we weren't sure. Nick tried to remove it, but it was stuck in there pretty good. So no, she wasn't actually shot, but at least she did it to herself and can't blame me, and the cookies will still roll-on!

Mike,

If it's a rimfire semi-auto (which I think it is), then it could have had a premature ignition as the slide was gabbing the next round in the mag. By slaming a mis-aligned, dented, or dirty round onto the feed ramp, the gun could have jammed with enough force to cause an ignition since it's a rimfire........

So Henry could have something there (from your email to me). I'd send the gun back to Smith and Wesson without cleaning it, for examination by them to help determine exactly what happened.

Glad to hear that Cheryl is doing fine and the cookies aren't in danger, lol!

Dave

could it have flown from another stage? these pieces of shrapnel get some decent air time.

That was my initial inclination--a piece of separated jacket. It appears from what's been said that the gun may have malfuctioned. I wasn't there to see the piece of lead so I can't say for sure.

Just goes to show you that wearing eye protection ain't such a bad idea, huh?

Wearing eye protection is important at all times! There was no one in the pit next to us from the side she got hit on. Lots of people have been hit by fragments from other pits, but nothing has ever stuck into someone like that. The gun will go back uncleaned as you suggested Dave. She needs to shoot another gun anyway, she got too damn good with that one!

Wearing eye protection is important at all times! There was no one in the pit next to us from the side she got hit on. Lots of people have been hit by fragments from other pits, but nothing has ever stuck into someone like that. The gun will go back uncleaned as you suggested Dave. She needs to shoot another gun anyway, she got too damn good with that one!

That's a bad a** woman ya got there. Most would have called it a day. Instead, she became more determined and actually shot better.

A couple more fragments and she would have kicked Alec's butt.