Clintoon Eastwood

I want to shoot tomorrow early morning (I'm @ 07083)

I have been looking at the ranges on the list here and online, I still can't figure out where to shoot tomorrow. I want to shoot atleast 500-1000 rounds tomorrow on both my new NEVER FIRED firearms.

I will drive an hour or so just to shoot outdoors tomorrow. I don't want to shoot indoors at all. Yes I am looking into JOINING a club, but not just yet. I only have 2 firearms for now and I don't feel like its going to be worth it, unless it's under $100 membership.

I only found one listed that's in EASTON, PA. I tried to get a hold of them but no call backs yet or any response to my email. So as of right now I'm going to sunset hill off rt. 80 near the crossings outlet mall.

You gentlemen have any suggestions.??? Please

What new guns do you have? At what distance do you require the targets to be?

$100.00 don't buy much in these parts, so I can't suggest two of the best Clubs in the State: Old Bridge and Central Jersey. Not every club even has an outdoor facility, so that cuts it down a might too. Dix is more than an hour away from you, and other than Clinton WMA (you need a hunting license, and yes they do check) or EF&G I'm not aware of any outdoor ranges, except Monmouth County Rifle and Pistol Club, which isn't accepting new applications at this time (their dues meet your requirements, but you'd still have to cough-up the initiation fee).

You might want to consider that if you didn't need to burn a thousand rounds at a time, that you'd have some coin to pay the dues of the clubs I did mention......

Others may have additional info. On short notice, it's hard to make miracles happen. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

Dave

What new guns do you have? At what distance do you require the targets to be?

$100.00 don't buy much in these parts, so I can't suggest two of the best Clubs in the State: Old Bridge and Central Jersey. Not every club even has an outdoor facility, so that cuts it down a might too. Dix is more than an hour away from you, and other than Clinton WMA (you need a hunting license, and yes they do check) or EF&G I'm not aware of any outdoor ranges, except Monmouth County Rifle and Pistol Club, which isn't accepting new applications at this time (their dues meet your requirements, but you'd still have to cough-up the initiation fee).

You might want to consider that if you didn't need to burn a thousand rounds at a time, that you'd have some coin to pay the dues of the clubs I did mention......

Others may have additional info. On short notice, it's hard to make miracles happen. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

Dave

I did have a plan already set for Saturday, but my friend who has been a long time member of Cherry ridge club had to do some last minute travelling.

Also I do already have a sponsor for Central Jersey club, but like I mentioned I don't know if it's worth it just yet having only 2 firearms(in my opinion)

I did have a plan already set for Saturday, but my friend who has been a long time member of Cherry ridge club had to do some last minute travelling.

Also I do already have a sponsor for Central Jersey club, but like I mentioned I don't know if it's worth it just yet having only 2 firearms(in my opinion)

What's the difference between having 2 and having 20 if you don't have a place to shoot? Ft. Dix is your best bet. I'll be there on Sunday in the afternoon. Just follow the trail of cigar smoke to the bald Jewish guy.

You can join and start shooting same-day at Easton. I signed up at Sarco and started shooting directly after. The only other range in the area that comes close to meeting the value of Easton is SCFGPA, but we are no longer accepting new members.

Just drive to Range 14. If you get there early you will have no line. Pay your $60 and shoot. That's about the only place that's going to let you shoot tomorrow without being a guest.

I've never been to range 14, when do the lines start forming?

I've never been to range 14, when do the lines start forming?

It depends. You can go there and it will be dead, or you can go and have an hour wait. I've noticed that the lines tend to be shorter during Eagles games or if it is raining. Sunday is Father's day, so it may be a crap shoot. Either the lines will be long because all of the dads want to go shoot, or they will be short because all of the dads are visiting their dad.

It is worse in the fall on Saturdays when all of the hunters are zeroing their scopes. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than an hour.

I usually go to the pistol side anyway since I normally shoot .22 at cans and don't feel the need to go out to more than 50 yards anyway. The pistol side rarely has more than 4 or 5 tables full.

You can join and start shooting same-day at Easton. I signed up at Sarco and started shooting directly after. The only other range in the area that comes close to meeting the value of Easton is SCFGPA, but we are no longer accepting new members.

Man that bites, that would be so much closer, I would pay TRIPLE to get in just because of convenience being near me.

Anybody ever been to EASTON FISH AND GAME ASSOCIATION (EFGA)??? If so does it get packed on Saturdays?

The rifle range sometimes gets crowded on Saturdays, but I've never had to wait for a bench. The range isn't that big, less than 10 benches I believe. I don't think the handgun range ever gets very crowded.

The rifle range sometimes gets crowded on Saturdays, but I've never had to wait for a bench. The range isn't that big, less than 10 benches I believe. I don't think the handgun range ever gets very crowded.

10 benches in total for the whole range?

There are 4 different ranges at EFGA. A rifle range with approx 10 benches as mentioned, a "Tactical Range" which is a pit that only one group can utilize at a time(can always ask to join someone who's currently in the pit), a Pistol range with at least 10 ports, and a rimfire-only range with at least 10 ports. I typically start with pistols, then play with rimfire, then head up to the rifle range.

10 or less for the rifle range, don't remember the exact number. They also have separate handgun and rimfire ranges and a training area. Info's on their website: www.efga.net

There are 4 different ranges at EFGA. A rifle range with approx 10 benches as mentioned, a "Tactical Range" which is a pit that only one group can utilize at a time(can always ask to join someone who's currently in the pit), a Pistol range with at least 10 ports, and a rimfire-only range with at least 10 ports. I typically start with pistols, then play with rimfire, then head up to the rifle range.

Thank you gentlemen, I'm heading out now