Chris was great to deal with. How was shooting your m&p? Where did you end up shooting today?

I work in union maybe we could shoot some time?

I just signed up today at EFGA gun club in Easton, PA. So that's where I'm shooting now. PM me and we could talk more unless you want to go indoors, I only like outdoors though. I shot about 200 rounds on my mp40 today alone and about 200-300 on my rifle.

im glad to hear all the good reviews. thats why i bought it. also american made and in my price range. well a little over but who cares. it is the first gun i have ever owned so im a bit new in that regard. it hasnt seen live ammo yet. i did get some snap caps today. the trigger feels good to me but what do i know....the trigger seems to get to a point (a little long if you ask me ) in the pull, stops then just a little pressure and it breaks. i guess i will find out more when i do shoot it. i will let you know.

im glad to hear all the good reviews. thats why i bought it. also american made and in my price range. well a little over but who cares. it is the first gun i have ever owned so im a bit new in that regard. it hasnt seen live ammo yet. i did get some snap caps today. the trigger feels good to me but what do i know....the trigger seems to get to a point (a little long if you ask me ) in the pull, stops then just a little pressure and it breaks. i guess i will find out more when i do shoot it. i will let you know.

The M&P triggers do have alot of pre travel, that's normal. The Pro trigger is somewhat better, smoother than the standard M&P. If you are happy with the trigger the way it is, great. If you find you don't really like it after putting a few hundred rounds down range, Apex Tactical makes several trigger kits for it.

What is the primary purpose for the gun? Competition, home defense, range fun?

Mostly range fun and home defense. I'm planning on going to the range this weekend. Just not sure what one. I'm thinking rtsp. Maybe if I get there early enough the wait won't be too bad. Not sure if I want to try the bullet hole. I haven't heard too many good things about that place.

On a side note I would like to thank all the people on this forum for all the information they provide. It has provided me with hours of reading while waiting for my paperwork to come in. It is nice to know there are alot of people here to help.

They have this really cool looking American Flag backstrap for that gun :)

The Bullet Hole is fine in my experience. I know plenty have complaints and I do not doubt they had a negative experience . I have only been a range time customer there , and never had an issue personally. On a weeknight after work in the summer you can usually go right into a port . They let you shoot pretty much any NJ legal gun. Works for me.

http://www.brilliantbackstraps.com/

source for brilliant backstraps.. facepalm if youd like but she does custom orders at the bottom of the page. Im sure if she can do a texas flag one she can do something a little more dude-ish.

I bought that zebra one for wifey to make shooting a little more "girly" for her when we hit the range.