BlueLineFish

IDPA @ OB on Sunday 7/8

I checked about 3 weeks ago, and at that point the match was cancelled due to lack of a MD (figured John was going to shoot the sectional at CJ). The match is still listed at nepaidpascores. Someone needs to find out for sure and post it here.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Ok..so no shooting on Sunday. Why the hell then would they put it on the calendar?

Joe,

It wasn't "put" onto the calendar, it was merely "left" on the calendar, probably due to a slight "ooopps" on somebody's part (the League OR the Newsletter Editor). The calendar program in use "grabs" all of the regular League info and repeats it, month after month. This is why it's in the calendar. Once a year or so this happens since people are busy and human. Hopefully the club will send-out an email blast to the membership to notify them of the Match being canceled.

As far as nothing to do, well, you could always try your hand at Highpower Rifle League in Pit #7, as they will be there this Sunday.

Dave

What is that league Dave. I might just come and watch since I have off.

It's the 50-Round National Match COF using both Military and Sporting rifles. M-1 Garands, Ar-15's, Mausers, Winchesters, Remingtons, etc. I believe it's designed for iron sights only, but I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't shot that League in quite some time. The best description I can give you is it's "Bullseye with a Rifle". All shooting is from 100 yards, and the target centers get smaller and smaller to simulate longer and longer distances, all of the way out to 600 yards I believe.

Any centerfire rifle will work, but you rarely see a lever-action. Mostly semi's and a few bolts. The League isn't too huge, so there should be plenty of room on the Squad for you to participate instead of just watch. The League Chair, Mark V. has extra rifles and ammo he can bring to the Match with a simple phone call, both AR's and Garands.....

It's a 3-P game: Standing, sitting and prone on the Boardwalk. It's quite humbling to do, especially IF you think you can handle a rifle in any situation.

Dave

Joe,

It wasn't "put" onto the calendar, it was merely "left" on the calendar, probably due to a slight "ooopps" on somebody's part (the League OR the Newsletter Editor). The calendar program in use "grabs" all of the regular League info and repeats it, month after month. This is why it's in the calendar. Once a year or so this happens since people are busy and human. Hopefully the club will send-out an email blast to the membership to notify them of the Match being canceled.

As far as nothing to do, well, you could always try your hand at Highpower Rifle League in Pit #7, as they will be there this Sunday.

Dave

EMAIL BLAST SENT LATE LAST NIGHT!

JOHN PLUMB CANCELED THE MATCH!

Hope everyone had a safe and healthy 4th!

Dave

Probably cuz I emailed him and asked that it jogged his memory :D

+1 for YOU there Nick!

Always better to be part of the solution instead part of the problem I always say!

Thanks for sending the email to John! :gaming:

Dave