vladtepes

Pmags in 556 Saiga.. Win..

just got back from the range and put the first batch of ammo through my AR magwell equipped Saiga.... flawless with the exception of a couple nose dives... a bullet guide should resolve all issues...

as long as the trunion holds this will be one of my favorite guns yet.. really like it..

I did not touch the mags in ANY way....

I run them in my AR.. pull them out and shove them in my AK...

both run fine..

both drop free...

makes AK mag changes insanely fast....

you really have to cut the trunion but when it is all said and done.. there is still plenty of meat left IMO..

I did not touch the mags in ANY way....

I run them in my AR.. pull them out and shove them in my AK...

both run fine..

both drop free...

makes AK mag changes insanely fast....

you really have to cut the trunion but when it is all said and done.. there is still plenty of meat left IMO..

That is awesome next time I see a used saiga 223 and I got the cash I'm.jumping on it and doing this. Another question does it only accept pmags or will any ar mag work?

props. really nice clean build. ive been thinking about something like that for a while now. will have to wait till next year thou. or maybe straight sell last of my "Russian style" rifles and build 556 saiga. decisions decisions :)

2 questions >>> who did ur paint job?

and y is ur safety lever set to fire :p

Vlad....Looks great...Glad your happy with it...I picked up the renegadebuck adapter for mine..Havent installed yet, hopefully i have the same results you have gotten. Did you do a writeup anywhere on the build?

EDIT....Nevermind!! Found it on saiga-12

props. really nice clean build. ive been thinking about something like that for a while now. will have to wait till next year thou. or maybe straight sell last of my "Russian style" rifles and build 556 saiga. decisions decisions :) 2 questions >>> who did ur paint job? and y is ur safety lever set to fire :p

thank you.... rattle can for paint... scuff it up a little then wipe it down with alcohol.. let it dry and then several light coats.. i paint my own because I am rough on them... if I scratch it up I can just hit it with a little spray and fixes it right up.. flat OD green...

safety is on.. no finger on trigger.. LOL

Vlad....Looks great...Glad your happy with it...I picked up the renegadebuck adapter for mine..Havent installed yet, hopefully i have the same results you have gotten. Did you do a writeup anywhere on the build? EDIT....Nevermind!! Found it on saiga-12

thanks!

if you use a dremel.. cut don't grind.. keep it cool with oil..

take your time and test fit a million times..

btw how's the build quality of msa mag adapter? how does it fit? there is a lil fitting u have to do? does it sit firmly? no rattling or movement ? how about mag movement ? mag release light heavy? different ?

btw how's the build quality of msa mag adapter? how does it fit? there is a lil fitting u have to do? does it sit firmly? no rattling or movement ? how about mag movement ? mag release light heavy? different ?

I did one over the weekend as well. The adapter is aluminum and very nice craftsmanship. You fit the gun to the adapter, not the adapter to the gun. If you follow the specs the adapter doesn’t wobble at all and locks in nicely. The mill specs are at the bottom of this thread. My mags aren’t free falling out (yet) at the push of the release but with a little polishing inside the adapter I’m sure they will.

mine fits really well.. you are cutting the gun to fit the adapter.. so it will fit the best if you take your time and constantly test fit..

mag release is hella smooth..

and my mags drop free..

I did one over the weekend as well. The adapter is aluminum and very nice craftsmanship. You fit the gun to the adapter, not the adapter to the gun. If you follow the specs the adapter doesn’t wobble at all and locks in nicely. The mill specs are at the bottom of this thread. My mags aren’t free falling out (yet) at the push of the release but with a little polishing inside the adapter I’m sure they will.

mag sure your adapter fully fits and is not being pinched by the gun.. if it is being pinched it might be holding the mags.. I sanded the outside of the adapter a hair to take all tension off of the mags..

I've been wanting to do this but I'm not really happy about grinding out the magwell

it is less scary than it seems..

that trunion is pretty beefy

mag sure your adapter fully fits and is not being pinched by the gun.. if it is being pinched it might be holding the mags.. I sanded the outside of the adapter a hair to take all tension off of the mags..

Thanks for the Tip but it doesn’t matter if the adapter is mounted or un-mounted, it is just a tad snug. The gentlemen I mentioned to you previously from the S12 forum had the same issue so that is how I knew to polish it. It just needs a little more elbow grease and I’m sure it will be fine afterwards. Did you have to file any off the Saiga mag release as noted in the instructions? I didn’t, after initial fitting was complete it dropped right into place. Aside from the slightly snug mag all is good, I'm just waiting for the bullet guide then it will be complete

I've been wanting to do this but I'm not really happy about grinding out the magwell

I had the same concerns but after going through the process and trying to view the modification from a structural viewpoint I’m no longer worried about it. I’m not a engineer or a metallurgist but in my view all you are doing is opening it up. If you overheat the metal while bearing down on your favorite milling tool you will take the temper out of the steel and you will have problems. If the MSA version is not for you there is another adapter called the Renegade Buck. With the RB supposedly you don’t need to remove as much metal but that one has its own issues.

I had the same concerns but after going through the process and trying to view the modification from a structural viewpoint I’m no longer worried about it. I’m not a engineer or a metallurgist but in my view all you are doing is opening it up. If you overheat the metal while bearing down on your favorite milling tool you will take the temper out of the steel and you will have problems. If the MSA version is not for you there is another adapter called the Renegade Buck. With the RB supposedly you don’t need to remove as much metal but that one has its own issues.

I think the renegade buck comment is mental.. if you notice.. it is the AR mag that hits the lugs.. to have the mag sit high enough it would seem that the lugs would still have to be ground down.. and ground down about the same..

I think the renegade buck comment is mental.. if you notice.. it is the AR mag that hits the lugs.. to have the mag sit high enough it would seem that the lugs would still have to be ground down.. and ground down about the same..

Don’t know, I’m just throwing it out there so others who may not be aware of the RB could compare the two for themselves...