silverado427

Last nights storm

We had a good one roll in last night in Ship Bottom, between 8 and 9pm. Power was out around 8:30 or so for about a half hour.. Certainly not as bad as that monster storm we had last week. Apparently more are on the way. The dogs went nuts, though.

The family and I were at Bradley Beach waiting for fireworks enjoying the beach. We saw it coming from the distance. We got out of the water, ate our packed dinner on the beach just in time to pack up and head to the car. Got to the car in the nick of time. Waited it out and went back on the beach to watch the fireworks :-). Electric went out back at home. Also went out again in the middle of the night though I didn't hear a drop of rain or thunder while awake. Electric came back on and hour and a half later.

The dogs went nuts, though.

I've learned to trust dogs and cats when it comes to storms. When it starts getting bad, and they freak out, it might be time to worry a little bit.

As far as down here. Not a damn thing. Was really hoping Mother Nature would water my tomato plant for me. Worst we got to my knowledge was a few minutes of rain and a couple bolts of lightning.

Had to drive through it on the way home from work in Toms River on the parkway. Short storm but nasty. Driving normal on the parkway then Bam!!! Lightning was non stop for twenty straight minutes really close. Never saw anything like it. Trees sideways and couldn't see ten feet past the rain. Everyone just halted on the parkway or steered onto the shoulder. Only time I was actually legit shook during a storm. Thought a tornado was gonna drop right on top of me.

At about 8:00 last night, I was just getting dressed , and all hell breaks loose. The wife's out back with the kids, I'm like did you close the umbrella and the windows in the cars . Of coarse the answer was no... I walked outside to close the umbrella and got soaked. then I had to run out front and shut the windows and sun roof on the cars. I was not a happy camper, as soon as I stepped in the house the power went off . Oh well .

A huge tree came down in the woods behind my house and fell against a tree on my property and over the corner of my fence. I thought it was resting on the fence - the branch was about 8"-10" in diameter. I went out this AM and used a hand saw and pruning shears to cut my way back to the corner, but that was all I could do. Spent an hour or so researching chainsaws and then off to Lowes to buy one. Just came back inside after cutting up several of the major branches, and cutting the main one back behind the fence. This will be an all week project in cutting/clearing the debris. At least the electricity stayed on.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was out in Bethlehem, PA diving. Around 5:45pm, surfaced to lightening and huge dark clouds in the distance. Got out and tried to pack quickly. Then you could hear the wind in the distance and see the distant trees moving. It got louder and louder and then BAM!! Hail, driving rain, winds, rocks, dirt, sand...pop-up tents got mangled and broken, half a tree came down and then you had myself and 3 others standing on a picnic table trying to hold down a 30 foot car port tent down and it was lifting my 200+ pound frame off my feet.

Never experienced anything like it!!!!