Screw that. If someone can name a single law, from ANY state, where that law specifically applies even if you are no longer in that state, and you can be charged with violating it, I will concede. I doubt anyone can. So why would NJ firearms transportation law be the only one of it's kind? Well as I said before, the answer is simple. It wouldn't, because that is were federal laws apply. And fortunately, there are federal firearms transportation laws that we all know. FOPA.

I implore anyone to tell me how FOPA does NOT apply, not using their own made up logic, but substantiating it in federal law. That would mean you would have to prove that these do not apply.

18 USC § 921 DEFINITIONS

The term “interstate or foreign commerce” includes commerc between any place in a State and any place outside of that State.

18 USC § 926A - Interstate transportation of firearms

...shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm...

Any takers? I have posted this numerous times, and although many people continue to say it doesn't apply, no one has even attempted to touch the above quotes...or in other words, the actual law.

Here'she long and the short of it - seems this is getting all blown out of proportion. I am on the PAFOA forums everyday and I don't see any "anti-Jersey" sentiment. Yes, there are the usual jibes, as one would expect from those living in a free state next to our gulag, but outright hate or disdain - no.

PAFOA's position, as I understand it, is that they wish to err (if indeed they are erring) on the side of caution. PAFOA's position is that the FOPA only applies while traveling through intervening states between your point of origin and point of destination. IOW, there would be at least three states involved. The position that we have adopted is that FOPA supercedes state law in your state of residence when traveling to another state.

AFAIK, there has been no case law to support either argument and PAFOA is simply saying they do not wish to be responsible for someone becoming the test case. They have not taken away your free will. Carry as your conscience dictates. I believe that it does apply here. If it didn't you would not be able to leave the state with your firearm. That is an opinion - remember, no case law.

There are lots of great contributors on the forums at PAFOA and lots of good info too. Can't we all just get along?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The problem is that FOPA clearly defines interstate travel. This 3 state thing is simply made up. There is no 'erring' on the side of caution. It is simply a position based off of ignorance that IGNORES the law. Period. I quoted what interstate travel means. Where is this 'you have to pass through another state' thing at?

So If I travel to PA through DE first it is legal? I can only carry in states that do not border NJ? Silly enough? That is their position. That position is silly. Well, more ignorant than silly.