Looks like this reporter believes our AWB is too weak and full of holes:

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/nation/colorado-massacre-shooter-couldve-bought-his-weapons-in-jersey

Sometimes ya just gotta wonder what the hell goes on in people's heads...

This dude makes me sick. I wish reporters would really educate themselves before spewing this garbage.

We concentrate on the tool, not the crazy bastard that used it.

What if he would have plowed into the building with a car filled with explosive. Would we're be scrutinizing the make and model - arguing that the only reason for that model car was to carry bombs? Ugh.

Well I have to admit I'm glad it's just another dumbass, and not a politician (Oh.. wait those are the same let me correct myself.)

I was worried, reading this thread title, that they were going after our already strict AWB, which has done so much to stem the crime in Camden, and Atlantic City.

Yup, articles like this are going to be printed/reported all over the country. Like BlueLineFish said, these reporters are just oportunitst like any other media mogul. Facts? who needs facts, fear mongering is all they are about.....whatever sells.

Oh BTW, I loved the comments you guys left for that jackass reporter....priceless.

I love this typical anti quote "And that hardware has only one practical application: killing human beings."

I for one didn't purchase rifles meeting his "must be evil" description for this purpose. I must be doing it wrong according to this buffoon :stinker: .

I love this typical anti quote "And that hardware has only one practical application: killing human beings."

I for one didn't purchase rifles meeting his "must be evil" description for this purpose. I must be doing it wrong according to this buffoon :stinker: .

:haha: Noticed that same crap. Apparently i also missed the memo when i bought my AR that i have to go out and kill people w/ it. Guess I'm just a bad example as well

I love the comments but wish people arguing for our side would use a goddamn spellcheck. Bad spelling undermines a good argument. It makes the writer look bad and makes his point easier to dismiss.

I love the comments but wish people arguing for our side would use a goddamn spellcheck. Bad spelling undermines a good argument. It makes the writer look bad and makes his point easier to dismiss.

This. Awful. It also plays into the narrative that gun owners are either ignorant rubes or crazy radicals.

Looks like this reporter believes our AWB is too weak and full of holes:

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/nation/colorado-massacre-shooter-couldve-bought-his-weapons-in-jersey

Sometimes ya just gotta wonder what the hell goes on in people's heads...

I'm not going to read that stuff because I don't want my head to explode. But, based on your short summary, the author is correct. The point of NJ's AWB was to ban these firearms. They are indeed still around under lawful civilian ownership only due to systematic exploitation of loopholes.

The law needs to go, but the law was indeed too weak to achieve its evil goals.

I'm not going to read that stuff because I don't want my head to explode. But, based on your short summary, the author is correct. The point of NJ's AWB was to ban these firearms. They are indeed still around under lawful civilian ownership only due to systematic exploitation of loopholes.

The law needs to go, but the law was indeed too weak to achieve its evil goals.

Not the law but the court's interpretation of "substantially identical".

Honestly, if I were more of a dick, I'd start correcting the spelling and grammar of most of the NJGF board members. I LOVE you guys, you're all great. However, some of you use some terrible English and spelling.

If I had $1 for every "their, there, they're" mistake, spelling mistake (often of fairly common words), or mistakes with noun/verb agreement, and ocasionally tenses, I'd be living in a free state with my Tier III license, and a few fully automatic guns right now.

Seriously, one of the oldest tricks in the book on the internet is to pick apart the ethos of your opponent by dismissing them as "unintelligent" based off of poor grammar and spelling. This is, sadly, a very effective technique online as it allows you to reduce the credibility of the person, and it will also allow the person using this tactic to draw attention away from their own weak argument.

Not the law but the court's interpretation of "substantially identical".

Do you guys still complain about threaded barrels, collapsible stocks, bayonet lugs, and flash hiders? Like it is silly that the same gun is legal without them but not with them?

Those items were not put in there because they were afraid of collapsible stocks, flash hiders, or bayonet lugs. They were put in there because it carved out the few firearms they wanted to stay and banned everything else, even if "substantially identical" did not stick. None of the ARs, AKs, etc. that you guys own, and are devoid of these characteristics, even existed in the world before this Jersey law. They were made specifically to beat NJ's laws.

That is called a "loophole."

Do you guys still complain about threaded barrels, collapsible stocks, bayonet lugs, and flash hiders? Like it is silly that the same gun is legal without them but not with them?

Those items were not put in there because they were afraid of collapsible stocks, flash hiders, or bayonet lugs. They were put in there because it carved out the few firearms they wanted to stay and banned everything else, even if "substantially identical" did not stick. None of the ARs, AKs, etc. that you guys own and are devoid of these characteristics even existed before this law. They were made specifically to beat NJ's laws.

That is called a "loophole."

Honestly, one of the major goals I believe all NJ gun owners should have is to get the NJ AWB repealed.

Notice how that article disappeared.

Yeah but I found this. It is one of the funniest things I have ever read a dumbass report about guns.

"He also purchased a magazine for his military style assault rifle that could fire up to 60 rounds a minute." LOL!

Where can we buy one of those one round a second magazines? ROFLMFAO!

http://www.newjersey...-since-shooting

My comment that will never see the light of day:

Seriously? An "assault RIFLE"? So he had a military issued select fire rifle? Funny the transferable guns registered prior to May 1986 are worth tens of thousands of dollars and take months to get ATF approval to purchase, yet he bought one in fewer than 8 weeks? Really? And please tell me how a magazine can affect a weapons rate of fire? An actual "assault rifle" would have a rate of fire of several hundred rounds per minute, so this magazine slows the rifle down? You do realize 60 rounds per minute is one round per second, right (60 seconds in a minute). Is “60 rounds per minute” supposed to be bad, because I can do that with a bolt action rifle including the reloads... Do any of you idiot ever research your topics before you open you mouths to prove how stupid you are?

Seriously? An "assault RIFLE"? So he had a military issued select fire rifle? Funny the transferable guns registered prior to May 1986 are worth tens of thousands of dollars and take months to get ATF approval to purchase, yet he bought one in fewer than 8 weeks? Really?

Most machineguns do not cost "tens of thousands of dollars." You can get M10/M11/M11-9 submachineguns for under $3K with a silencer, although that is a good deal right now. FN-FNCs and full auto Ruger AC556 (minis) and several other "assault rifles" can be found in the $5K range. I get your point I just wanted to let you know they are certainly not quite that expensive in general.

Most machineguns do not cost "tens of thousands of dollars." You can get M10/M11/M11-9 submachineguns for under $3K with a silencer, although that is a good deal right now. FN-FNCs and full auto Ruger AC556 (minis) and several other "assault rifles" can be found in the $5K range. I get your point I just wanted to let you know they are certainly not quite that expensive in general.

I was specifically talking about a transferable M16 lower receiver gun, I should have been more specific but shit like this just burns my a**.

I was specifically talking about a transferable M16 lower receiver gun, I should have been more specific but shit like this just burns my a**.

You can get an RR "M16" for $12K and a Colt firearm converted to M16 specs for less than $10K. "Tens of thousands" would apply to rare items. Or, of course, a LL for $6K. Like I said, I wasn't arguing with your sentiment. I wanted to clarify because a lot of people think MGs cost more than they really do.