Ice-T interviewed and asked about 2A. While I dont agree with everything I do agree (as most non-fudds would) that the 2A is to defend against tyranny, not hunting or target practice or yadda yadda...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/07/23/ice-t_defends_gun_rights_the_last_form_of_defense_against_tyranny.html

I think he is a good spokesman, instead of saying something 'gangsta' about guns, he could reach out to a whole new demographic of people and tell them guns are a constitutional right.

Most of the people that listen to him would not qualify for FID cards. The demographic that listen to gangsta rap and advocates violence and killing cops is not one you want one your side

I think you guys are sort of looking at him from the lens of 20 or so years ago. I don't think he's really even released any "gangsta rap" in a while, and actually portrays a cop on TV. He shows that not all 2A supporters are the "bitter (white people) that cling to God and Guns" or whatever the opposition likes to consider us. Honestly, whether you agree with this viewpoint or not, it rings true that if anyone recognizes WHY guns are important for self-defense, it would be people who live in poor areas where crime is prevalent. I know that another viewpoint of us gun-owners is that we "obsess over violence that COULD happen to us, but likely never will in our affluent suburban neighborhoods."

NOT to mention his main point wasn't just the ownership of firearms for self defense, but rather, that they're a tool to protect against tyranny, which, though the original idea behind the Second Amendment, is a point that most gun owners aren't comfortable mentioning. As far as I'm concerned despite his former gangster image, he appears to be an upstanding citizen, if reformed (Not sure what type of record he may have had in the past, if any), and as such, it is important that he recognizes, advocates, and defend the rights we were granted by the constitution.

Most of the people that listen to him would not qualify for FID cards. The demographic that listen to gangsta rap and advocates violence and killing cops is not one you want one your side

He made a comment about needing protection from cops; your a cop, you two will never be friends, I get it.

Agreeing with BLF here: this scumbag and his fan base are the last people we need on our side of the 2A issues we face.

Why? The 2nd amendment/Pro constitution side needs as many people as it can get, we can't pick and choose who supports the 2nd amendment. Maybe if more urban/lower class, African Americans(how ever you want to describe them) supported the 2nd Amendment, the white guilt liberal assholes would slow down with all their gun control bs.

And I don't really understand why Ice-T is such a bad person, yes he helped start the gangsta rap movement, but from what I've read he never really did anything so gangsta, just tough talk to sell records.

He needs protection from cops because he was always breaking the law. Just last year he was collared by my dept for open warrants on a traffic stop. All he did was claim racism and make threats. Real stand up guy. Most people who dont do anything wrong dont need to be protected from the cops

He made a comment about needing protection from cops; your a cop, you two will never be friends, I get it.

Why? The 2nd amendment/Pro constitution side needs as many people as it can get, we can't pick and choose who supports the 2nd amendment. Maybe if more urban/lower class, African Americans(how ever you want to describe them) supported the 2nd Amendment, the white guilt liberal assholes would slow down with all their gun control bs.

And I don't really understand why Ice-T is such a bad person, yes he helped start the gangsta rap movement, but from what I've read he never really did anything so gangsta, just tough talk to sell records.

You lay down with dogs and you get fleas......

Oh, and there's this little beauty of his:

"Now I'm black but black people trip [become upset] 'cause white people like me; white people like me but don't like them. . . . I don't hate whites, I just gotta death wish for motherfu**ers that ain't right"

"Race War"; Ice-T, Home Invasion, 1993, Priority Records, Thorn EMI

You've got to be insane or desperate to think that this twerp ADDS anything to the fight for 2A rights.

Agreeing with BLF here: this scumbag and his fan base are the last people we need on our side of the 2A issues we face.

Sounds like an extra form should be added that requires us to answer what kind of music we listen to. A lot of talk of how municipalities should follow the law on granting FID's based soley on the criteria set forth yet it seems like we should judge based on music selection? Not tryin to start a war, just don't agree.

I saw this once on some TV show, so the story goes:

Ice-T had a meeting with a record exec once. The exec said he wanted to hear a sample of a proposed song before signing a contract. Ice-T says, “If I was selling hand grenades in an alley, I’m not gonna let you throw one to see if they’re any good. You either believe I’m selling good grenades or you don’t! So you either believe I can give you good records or you don’t!”

The exec says, “You've got good business sense. Did you go to business school?”

Ice-T replies, “Naw, but I did sell hand grenades in an alley once.”

Not sure if this is true or not but did find this quote from him:

"This business called show business is a perfect transition for a criminal," Ice maintains. "Everybody in this business is doing some kind of rip-off or scam. I did a recording deal with a guy once, and he said, Hey, Ice, you got a lot of spunk. Did you go to business college?' I said, 'No, man, I learned what I know from selling hand grenades in alleys.' " His homeboys get a big kick out of that and keep right on laughing as Ice-T adds, "Explosives, show-biz...It's all the same thing."

IMHO he is not really a 2A poster child but given the blatant 2A ignorance and skewed blind voting skills in that community, I'll take any injection of logic and rational thought I can get...

Ice-T is a racist, misogynistic, anarchist punk. His lyrics and his public statements lay out there like poison gas and cannot be avoided or erased. If you choose to listen to and enjoy his music that is your prerogative. It is my prerogative to believe that he, and anyone that buys into his gangsta persona, are anathema and counter-productive to our endeavor to preserve our 2A rights.

When I referred earlier to his "fan base" it was that segment that (according to BLF) "would not qualify for FID cards...".

I was young once, too, and I still listen to a diverse array of tunes. But I wouldn't use the likes of Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks or the Dead Kennedys--even though I like their tunes--to bolster ANY argument in favor of an ideology of mine.

When I referred earlier to his "fan base" it was that segment that (according to BLF) "would not qualify for FID cards...".

I was young once, too, and I still listen to a diverse array of tunes. But I wouldn't use the likes of Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks or the Dead Kennedys--even though I like their tunes--to bolster ANY argument in favor of an ideology of mine.

Well said and this I completely agree with. I also agree that he is not fit as a "2A poster child". I just don't agree with the fan base opinion. Now, I'm not a fan of this guy but for me a good tune is a good tune.

Just putting it out there that this "racist gangsta rapper" is married to a white woman, and has not even released an album since the early 90s. Not saying he was not a shitbag or maybe still is, but judging someone based on opinion of that person from 20 years ago is a little harsh don't ya think.

Just putting it out there that this "racist gangsta rapper" is married to a white woman, and has not even released an album since the early 90s. Not saying he was not a shitbag or maybe still is, but judging someone based on opinion of that person from 20 years ago is a little harsh don't ya think.

Nope, apparently the consensus is guilty once, guilty forever.

Ice-T interviewed and asked about 2A. While I dont agree with everything I do agree (as most non-fudds would) that the 2A is to defend against tyranny, not hunting or target practice or yadda yadda...

http://www.realclear...st_tyranny.html

+1.

It's not mentioned enough as most elite ivory tower educators and liberals instantly label us wackos if we dare mention tyranny or taking up arms against the government. Too often, and too often on this site, I hear in defense of gun laws, the "I'm a comp shooter and can't reload at the range" type argument against the antis -- it's a loser position. To argue inconvenience to the anti crowd is eventual suicide for gun reasonable gun laws. Just look at question #28 on every application we fill out for a permit in this stupid state.

Ice-T, regardless of WHY he feels this way, is dead on straight, whether for the same reasons as most of us.

Cry me a river for IceT. Oh..he married a white woman. My bad he is aces now. Plus he plays a cop on tv. Even better. Carry on our cause ice. Cant wait till you join the NRA as our new spokesman

Check today's NY Daily News in the editorial section, where an anti has predictably used this faded rapper and terrible actor as a negative against us.

I do find it funny that gun owners object to the notion that we're a bunch of xenophobic middle-class white men with racist tendencies, and yet we can't get through this thread and discuss WHAT Ice-T said, and instead get hung up on him being, "a gangsta-a**" which, of course, has no racist connotations at all.

It's not being racist when that was what he wanted to be considered. Now he is trying to change his image but not because he is trying to better himself but that gangsta rap isn't in anymore. He has morphed into the reality show dope who still tries to hold onto his days of being a "bad a** gangsta rapper tough guy". Whatever...you want him as a spokesman feel free. I will stand behind somebody else far more respectable.

I do find it funny that gun owners object to the notion that we're a bunch of xenophobic middle-class white men with racist tendencies, and yet we can't get through this thread and discuss WHAT Ice-T said, and instead get hung up on him being, "a gangsta-a**" which, of course, has no racist connotations at all.

Unless I missed something, YOU are the only one that keeps injecting race into the discussion. I don't care what color this nitwit is, he's NOT the person I want siding with us on 2A issues is all. Plus he sucks as an actor. He's got the same surly look on his face, with the same snarly inflection in his voice in every friggin' episode of L&A. As the late Dorothy Parker once said of a similarly-untalented thespian: She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.

If it were eminem I would be saying the same thing. He plays a cop as well as I play a gangster rapper. That's besides the point. When you build your reputation on something and that is what a majority of people know you for its hard to just make that stigma go away. Especially when you still carry yourself that way in your everyday life

Not a fan of Ice T but did watch that the other day. Ignoring all of his past history, and I am choking while saying (typing this), he came across more sane then Ted Nugent does on any given interview. I like Ted and would love to hang out with him sometime, but, he just sends the wrong image about gun owners.

As far as Black Flag, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks or the Dead Kennedys...yea boi, now we're talking my music.

FWIW - NJ Oi fest is happening in the Stanhope House next month.

Not a fan of Ice T but did watch that the other day. Ignoring all of his past history, and I am choking while saying (typing this), he came across more sane then Ted Nugent does on any given interview. I like Ted and would love to hang out with him sometime, but, he just sends the wrong image about gun owners.

As far as Black Flag, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks or the Dead Kennedys...yea boi, now we're talking my music.

FWIW - NJ Oi fest is happening in the Stanhope House next month.

Not to get off topic, but growing up in NJ, I was never more nervous than going to an oi fest. Hell, I grew up going to the pipeline back in the day. First time I was truly sketched out was at an oi fest in PA. Still don't understand why my old band played that show...

Not to get off topic, but growing up in NJ, I was never more nervous than going to an oi fest. Hell, I grew up going to the pipeline back in the day. First time I was truly sketched out was at an oi fest in PA. Still don't understand why my old band played that show...

I used to be the doorman there...and a regular. After all, it was less then a mile from where I grew up. Who was your band?