vladtepes

AR Trigger....

A two stage trigger often has a heavier pull than a single stage. It is sort of like staging a pistol trigger. You pull back with maybe 3 lbs of force, then the final break is only two pounds more. It is common on military rifles and precision rifles. I prefer a crisp single stage.

Contrary to popular belief, the BATF isn't hiding behind your living room curtains lying in wait and ready to pounce on you for merely purchasing an un-pinned collapsible stock or filing too much off your disconnector and proclaiming it on some corner of the internet. Of course, getting caught with it in public is another story...

That is true, but all it takes is one Fudd.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/64418-felony-conviction-malfunctioning-ar.html

serious.... keep in mind the guns I shoot.. I am pretty sure I understand it.. but in a practical application..

You ever shoot an m&p or xd? It's kind of like that. There's initial take up that is mostly working the trigger return spring, then you hit the sear and there's a second stage of stacked resistance. Pull on that and the trigger breaks and boom.

Except in rifles it is all usually smoother and more refined and no extra stacking from firing pin blocks.

Thoughts?

http://geissele.com/...amiccombat.aspx

• Finely-tuned semi-automatic-only two stage combat trigger
  • Built on the chassis of the Geissele SSA
  • SD-E provides reduced 1st and 2nd stage pull weights
  • Light 1st stage take-up and a crisp,
  • candy cane-like 2nd stage break
  • Pull Weight 1st 2.0 lbs, 2nd 3.5 lbs

SuperDynamicCombat.png

vlad i see you have your mind made up on the geissle but i have the jard. its super smooth light never had a failure to fire 223/556/22lr and its cheap also ive had mine for like 4 years now and no problems im going to order one for my ar pistol just with a heavier trigger pull i think

thanks a lot for the offer.. that was REALLY NICE!

but I think I am going to just buy one because I dont want to miss out on this sale...

No problem, Thanks for your contributions to the forum.

actually.. I think I have my mind set on a flat trigger.. and the reason will likely be hysterical to you.. but when I used to play paintball a lot.. I found a flat trigger to be WAY more comfortable..

I think you will be very pleased with your selection.

The SSA is a very popular trigger for run and gun and I too like Geissele's flat trigger bow in their SD series very much. So for you I think the SD-C is the perfect choice.

Thoughts?

http://geissele.com/...amiccombat.aspx

SuperDynamicCombat.png

My take on it is go sd-e or sd3g. The sd-c is only about .5lb less than if you get a good sample of a mil spec trigger. Their chart is of a not so good sample. The sd-e shaves off a couple of pounds from the best permitted by the mil spec, but it's not hard to be safe fast because there's so much take up.

The sd3g is just different. I like it, but I'd never assume someone else would. It's fast, but not hard to shoot pretty accurately with.

My take on it is go sd-e or sd3g. The sd-c is only about .5lb less than if you get a good sample of a mil spec trigger. Their chart is of a not so good sample. The sd-e shaves off a couple of pounds from the best permitted by the mil spec, but it's not hard to be safe fast because there's so much take up.

The sd3g is just different. I like it, but I'd never assume someone else would. It's fast, but not hard to shoot pretty accurately with.

raz-0 , I have the sd-3g and sd-e. I love the sd-e and I am still trying to get used to the 3g, it is fast. I was thinking the sd-c in his case only because it was closer to mil-spec and was more of a shtf/combat trigger and I think that is what he is looking for. I have not shot the sd-c though.

raz-0 , I have the sd-3g and sd-e. I love the sd-e and I am still trying to get used to the 3g, it is fast. I was thinking the sd-c in his case only because it was closer to mil-spec and was more of a shtf/combat trigger and I think that is what he is looking for. I have not shot the sd-c though.

SDE is listed as Pull Weight 1st 2.0 lbs, 2nd 3.5 lbs

and the

SDC is a lighter..

Pull Weight: 1st: 2.5 2nd: 2.0

Yah sd-e is 3.5 total, sd-c is 4.5.

help me with the math on that..

SD-C is listed

2.5 and 2 which is 4.5

• 2-stage design for safety and control
  • Carrot-like 2nd stage break
  • Full-power hammer spring
  • Tool steel construction
  • Pull Weight: 1st: 2.5 2nd: 2.0

SDE is listed

2.0 and 3.5 which would be 5.5?

help me with the math on that..

SD-C is listed

2.5 and 2 which is 4.5

SD-E is listed

2.0 and 3.5 which would be 5.5?

For a better understanding ,look at the trigger profile graph at the bottom of this link: http://geissele.com/pdfs/SD_flyer3_wTriggerScan.pdf

3.5 total still reasonable for "run and gun"?

That is up to the individual user.

The SD-E was designed more for a PR and the SD-C more for CQB and of course the SD-3G for 3 gun comp.

I read somewhere once where a guy loves the 3G trigger and even uses them on his precision rifle.

It's just personal preference and individual opinions/results will vary..... a lot! Lol

3.5 total still reasonable for "run and gun"?

Plenty acceptable for a run and gun setup IMO. I have one gun with a 2.5lb total weight 2stage. I've done 3gun with that. I like the sd3g better though, it has much more positive reset.

I'd go sd3g or sd-e.

10% off in-stock triggers at PA.

https://www.primarya...gers_s/3203.htm

I got my 2 ALG Defense ACT triggers in Saturday's mail.

Installed one in the Bushy AR pistol and took it to SJSC yesterday.

For under $60, it's a very nice 5.5lb single stage trigger.

Much better than the junky ones that come standard in lower parts kits.

The 10% off sale ends tonight, so get yours while they last

Do you have a Palmetto LPK in any of your ARs? How would it compare?

The coated ALG trigger is about a half pound to a pound lighter than the nicest LPK lottery trigger I have encountered. It gets even nicer with a set of JP springs, but I ahve to test that for reliability still. Mine pulled 5.5-6lbs out of the bag, and about 4.75-5 with the 3.5T springs from JP.

IMO, there is no comparing any "brand" of LPK for their triggers. THe variability even within one brand is way too high to matter. The cleanest one I have encountered was a DPMS. The worst one I have encountered was an armalite. I've run into samples of armalite, DPMS, palmetto, RRA, etc. that all overlap in quality.