vladtepes

AR Trigger....

From everything I read, Geissele triggers are the top of the line for action shooting (I assume you are not looking to shoot from a bench). Here is a link.to the differences between them. I think the SSA-E is probably close to what you want.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/516756_Geissele_Trigger_Models__Summary.html

I went with the ALG (made by Geissele's wife, no joke) Combat. It has the milspec pull weight ~5lbs, but is smooth and extra crisp, and 1/3 the cost as a bonus.

http://www.algdefense.com/

move and shoot... prone on occasion..

If you prep the trigger, Gisselle ssa-e or 3gun.

If you like Little to no pre travel and a light crisp break, Jp, timney, cmc.

If you wish your at had a trigger like a 1911 with just enough pre travel and over travel, then the ar gold is what you want.

I want a light trigger that will reliably shoot every time..

Yeah... Don't we all. The RRA w/ stock springs is ultimately reliable.

I see warnings on many of the high end triggers saying not for duty use and hard primers which makes me wonder.

Yeah... Don't we all. The RRA w/ stock springs is ultimately reliable.

I see warnings on many of the high end triggers saying not for duty use and hard primers which makes me wonder.

that is an issue then.. because reliability is more important than anything else..

frustrated..

I just did a little work on my stag trigger because I was pulling shots too. I'm going to shoot it on Sunday. If it works out as planned, I'll post what I did. If it goes full auto, I'll still post what I did lol. But as of right now, huge difference as dry-fire.

that is an issue then.. because reliability is more important than anything else..

frustrated..

Geissele triggers are reliable; they do not compromise thier triggers with soft springs to achieve lighter pulls. A good litmus test for striking power is if it will reliably ignite a 22lr as the rims of a 22 cartridge is definitely harder to ignite over a centerfire primer. I have a Geissele SD3G and a SSA-E and BOTH will ignite EVERY round of even the more "problematic" catridges with harder rims like CCI and Blazer. I've had other triggers such as a Jard, Gi trigger with both JP yellow and stock springs and other than a stock GI trigger, they all would have issues igniting 22lr (but never 223) when i put my conversion bolt in my rifles. I've shot various types of 223 and 5.56 nato in brass and steel case and never had an issue with the Geissele triggers.

Geissele seems to be what is recommended...

what are the differences between the 8 million triggers they offer..

The "super dynamic" triggers are the straight triggers. Ssa is a non adjustable two stage. Ssa-e is the enhanced version that is lighter. The 3 gun trigger is a bizarre sort of camming single stage with some smooth extra take up. Their lighter dsm triggers use adjustable set screws. The above do not.

I am very interested in the ALG defense triggers for my Colts.

I want a 'duty type', single stage trigger that is smooth.

I'll order one, and post a review once installed.

Jeff

You are welcome to try my Colt with it. I shoot at Central Jersey.

You shouldn't, unless you want a visit from some BATF folks. They don't care if you make a fully automatic rifle on purpose or by accident.

Contrary to popular belief, the BATF isn't hiding behind your living room curtains lying in wait and ready to pounce on you for merely purchasing an un-pinned collapsible stock or filing too much off your disconnector and proclaiming it on some corner of the internet. Of course, getting caught with it in public is another story...

Contrary to popular belief, the BATF isn't hiding behind your living room curtains lying in wait and ready to pounce on you for merely purchasing an un-pinned collapsible stock or filing too much off your disconnector and proclaiming it on some corner of the internet. Of course, getting caught with it in public is another story...

They're actually hiding in the coat closet, behind that old wool winter coat that smells from mothballs, just waiting for you to forget to reinstall the disconnector in your AR after a detail strip and clean.

:keeporder:

No change to the disconnector! LOL...just to be clear.
Just to be clear. If the sear angle (on the hammer) is not correct or is rounded, the rifle can double when you let the trigger rebound when the disconnector disengages. I'm sure you were careful but this can happen.

Anyways, Vlad, check out the official Geissele spec sheet PDF below, it lays out all the differences in the various families (Hi-speed, Super, Super dynamic, etc), the typical use case for each (competition, precision, leo/mil, etc) and the details of each model in each category. IF you know what you want in a trigger, you can easily figure out which one is for you. If i recall, you are a bit of an AK-phile, in which case i'd direct you to check out the Super 3-gun and super dynamic 3-gun (same as S3G but with flat trigger shoe) trigger. It has a trigger pull similar to an AK with a nice G2 upgrade where its smooth, but with no pronounced 2-stage feel. Its a constant, yet relatively short, sweep through and the trigger breaks. Its actually really nice because you can inherently shoot very fast with it because there's no anticipation or flinch at the break point to pull shots. I wont say it surprises you, but it definitely does not have the traditional "glass rod" type break.

http://geissele.com/pdfs/TriggerSummarySheet.pdf

Unpinned stock/flash hider/magazine is a Jersey thing so BATF couldn't care less, but showing that you have an unregistered fully automatic firearm is the one thing BATF will break down your door for.

Just to be clear. If the sear angle (on the hammer) is not correct or is rounded, the rifle can double when you let the trigger rebound when the disconnector disengages. I'm sure you were careful but this can happen.

Yes, completely aware. That's what I meant when I said that before. If it works out, I'll let you know what I did. If not, I'll keep quiet and take another lesson learned. Hopefully It's the better of the two.