jds560

Where can I find CZ handguns in stock locally?

I'm new to shooting and I've applied for my permit and I'm going to take a course ASAP (this weekend perhaps). Anyway originally I was going to buy a cheap used gun to start but since permits take forever in this state I can save up some serious money and get a higher end product. I really like the CZ line and was wondering if any of the forum vendors or other gun shops within NJ carry them. Does anyone have them available for rent? The closest thing I've seen is on RTSP's site they have an EAA Witness.

Again I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I just wanted to know where to start looking. I'd prefer to buy locally so I can actually see what I'm getting, but if so the internet will have to do.

I'm new to shooting and I've applied for my permit and I'm going to take a course ASAP (this weekend perhaps). Anyway originally I was going to buy a cheap used gun to start but since permits take forever in this state I can save up some serious money and get a higher end product. I really like the CZ line and was wondering if any of the forum vendors or other gun shops within NJ carry them. Does anyone have them available for rent? The closest thing I've seen is on RTSP's site they have an EAA Witness.

Again I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I just wanted to know where to start looking. I'd prefer to buy locally so I can actually see what I'm getting, but if so the internet will have to do.

Put in a request for in the Want to buy section and back it up with Firearm price request to NJGF vendors and someone will get back to you one way or another.

If you don't find it here I believe I saw a Stainless at Shore Shot several weeks ago but even that's a long shot considering the popularity of the CZ. Good Luck.

I updated my profile. I am in Essex County. I'll try the want to buy idea when I get my actual permit. I really have my doubts whether anyone will locally have the p-01 or sp-01 alloy/steel in stock. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to see a B or BD model.

The Sp-01 is tough to come by. I saw the P-01 at Shore shot a week or so ago. The P-01 is around and I have seen a couple. I have been looking for an SP-01 with a safety for awhile with no luck. I have seen the tactical sp-01 a few times but not what I want. I even think Shore shot had a .40 cal p-01 not to long ago.

Very cool. I'll try the Shore Shot. I'm actually looking for the Tactical version because I think a decocker might be better for me. I do have pretty small hands so the P-01 might be better. I mean a full size PX4 storm is just about the same size. It's primarily going to be used at a range. I just signed up for the NRA first steps course at guns for hire and I asked if they had any CZ-75's. They said they'll have one or something like it for me to try. Very excited!

Very cool. I'll try the Shore Shot. I'm actually looking for the Tactical version because I think a decocker might be better for me. I do have pretty small hands so the P-01 might be better. I mean a full size PX4 storm is just about the same size. It's primarily going to be used at a range. I just signed up for the NRA first steps course at guns for hire and I asked if they had any CZ-75's. They said they'll have one or something like it for me to try. Very excited!

Just as an aside. I too have small hands and the CZ 75b fits perfectly.I have not had the pleasure of firing the P-01.

I have a P-01 and it is a great gun. Two words of caution -- 1) the DA/SA trigger is gritty and the DA pull is very long. If you are used to the smoother trigger of a Sig or a striker fired gun you might not find it to your liking; 2) since the DA trigger pull is long, if you have small hands (and/or short fingers) you might not find that the P-01 fits your hand very well, even though it is a "compact" gun and very ergonomic. Definitely fondle one for a bit before you buy.

The double action is relatively long, but it does smooth out nicely. My only gripe with CZs is the camming in single action. You can actually seethe hammer go back a little before dropping. I have still owned several, and currently have an 85 Combat.