checko

my gf finally took home her new pistol

Here it is

2012-08-28_11-43-48_545.jpg

Some of you may remember the thread I started in April (yes its been that long with an address change and p2p wait and such) when she put the PK380 on hold. Some people said it wasnt a good choice for her and whatnot.

My initial impressions are very good ergonomics but a major PITA to break down to clean. The guide rod and recoil spring are ridiculous to put back together. Aside from that the gun is ambidextrous and features a really light racking weight due to the type of recoil system. This helps my gf because its easy to manipulate, especially since a neck problem affects her hand strength.

Range report coming soon, I'm pretty excited to try it. Recoil is supposed to be soft and ammo is relatively cheap. Will update soon!

Thanks everyone. She's always been really open to firearms and didn't need much of a push, though she doesn't take it to such an extreme as many of us do. She gets very frustrated when she doesnt shoot as well as she'd like and it tends to discourage her from going to the range more often. I've been trying to get her to take another class with me so maybe we can correct whatever problem she encounters. we'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone. She's always been really open to firearms and didn't need much of a push, though she doesn't take it to such an extreme as many of us do. She gets very frustrated when she doesnt shoot as well as she'd like and it tends to discourage her from going to the range more often. I've been trying to get her to take another class with me so maybe we can correct whatever problem she encounters. we'll see what happens.

Their is a chance she may not be very good with the 380 a full size 9mm in steel may be a better choice.. Just be positive with her when she shoots..

Their is a chance she may not be very good with the 380 a full size 9mm in steel may be a better choice.. Just be positive with her when she shoots..

And don't use phrases like: 'Wow that is a really good miss, well done!' or 'I'm positive someone shooting with their eyes shut could hit the target'

While it is positive it may not have the desired result :crazy:

A 9mm with a .22 conversion could be worth trying?

TheWombat

She hasn't actually fired that gun lol. She usually shoots my m9 and sometimes my. 45. While I don't think recoil is the main problem I do think a 22 would help her get back to basics.

I know for a fact that the grips on my guns are a bit big for her. The walther fits MUCH better for her being slimmer and more ergo. She's only like 5' tall with tiny hands.

And don't use phrases like: 'Wow that is a really good miss, well done!' or 'I'm positive someone shooting with their eyes shut could hit the target'

While it is positive it may not have the desired result :crazy:

A 9mm with a .22 conversion could be worth trying?

TheWombat

Lol. Me pumping her tires doesn't help. She's a stubborn woman and she knows when she should be better.

My 9 and 45 both have kits available which I do want for cost reasons but as I said they are still a bit large for her hands.

Next up for her is a revolver and maybe a sig226 in 9/22

She'll hit better with the revolver (in SA mode) than any other gun you can put in her hands. Teach her how to keep the sights aligned during ignition and what follow-through means and you'll have one happy girl there!

She'll hit better with the revolver (in SA mode) than any other gun you can put in her hands. Teach her how to keep the sights aligned during ignition and what follow-through means and you'll have one happy girl there!

Why do you say that specifically for revolvers?