Sign in to follow this  
jrfly3006

-1000 Freehold Dicks SG

Went to buy 4 boxes of assorted ammo which they shockingly had in stock..waited 20 min to get stuff out of case..logged in..put back in plastic box for transport to register..waited on line again..handed my 15$ off coupon..told they dont accept for ammo..told em other stores have honored it..called manager..didnt have decency to come to register..told cashier over radio not to accept it..walked out with no ammo..great service huh?

Not surprising to hear if the situation went down just like that.

Unfortunately, that's a big reason to why I don't go to big name stores anymore for ammo or gun needs. I've had my fair share of rude employees and bad service, and stupid 'rules' like the one stated above. But at the same time, you need to watch out for that stuff as well at local places. We all know the 'gun shop arrogance' that plenty of gun salesmen have...

Did it say on the coupon can not be used for ammo?

It did ..along with under armour,nike,titleist,etc..basically everything except a bottle of water,,having worked in retail for a while..the store manager can always make exceptions as he/she see fit..just bad service

told cashier over radio not to accept it..walked out with no ammo..great service huh?

Yes, terrible service. They didn't honor a coupon that specifically excluded what you were trying to buy. And then you left the stuff up on the counter for the minimum wage staff to have to walk back to the store. You really stuck it to them.

So you try to buy ammo with a coupon that explicitly says on it that you can't use it on ammo and get denied and you get mad? Wait what? How about you follow the store policy? Just because other stores have honored it doesn't mean they should too. People have become so entitled and think that "customer service" means give people whatever they want. What's the point of having a policy? Don't like the policy? Don't shop there. They didn't screw you over, you just got bent because you didn't get your way.

Yes, terrible service. They didn't honor a coupon that specifically excluded what you were trying to buy. And then you left the stuff up on the counter for the minimum wage staff to have to walk back to the store. You really stuck it to them.

Who said anything about sticking it to them? I was referring how 3 local stores of the same company take the coupon and this one said no like I was asking for their first born..if the manager would have simply explained to me face to face about the inconsistency in their policy I would have been ok with it..if you dont like this thread then dont read it..I never expressed any thought if "sticking it to them"..and I especially dont care if what I did met the approval of people like you

Amazing how when the topic was about how when an associate in dicks said there was a limit on ammo, or when their prices are wrong or when they dont have anything in stock... Then they suck and their service blows.. but now im wrong..and you holier than thou NEVER had a problem with a store policy? please dont make me laugh.. I should have learned already to stop wasting my time with the keyboard warriors on this forum and stick to the intelligent ones..my mistake

I should have learned already to stop wasting my time with the keyboard warriors on this forum and stick to the intelligent ones..my mistake

Keyboard warriors that do things like post threads bitching about not getting their way, or some other type of keyboard warrior?