O-gre

iPhone 5

The choices have been made. Galaxy s3 for me and iPhone 5 for the wife.

We decided it was easier and there were enough benefits of having the same make of phone. With Apple it means we buy an application/game once and we can then have it on each of our iOS devices, also allows us to use iMessage for free, FaceTime, same charger & accessories etc. Even more benefits as well when you add the iPad and/or iPad mini into the mix.

I almost went the Nokia 920 for me and the iPhone 5 for MrsWombat

TheWombat

We decided it was easier and there were enough benefits of having the same make of phone. With Apple it means we buy an application/game once and we can then have it on each of our iOS devices, also allows us to use iMessage for free, FaceTime, same charger & accessories etc. Even more benefits as well when you add the iPad and/or iPad mini into the mix.

I agree, it's nice that the Wife and I both have the same phones, we both have iPhones and iPads and really like them. Didn't get the 5 just yet, will have one the company I am with will be buying next month so I have to wait a few more weeks after all, I like the motto "If it's Free it's for Me" :icon_mrgreen: , but other than the change in the plug, I have heard nothing but great things from people who have it already.

Used the iPhone 5 to navigate me to Phillipsburg IDPA today - worked fine and had Pandora playing in the background. Even used Siri to phone MrsWombat and all worked fine.

The new plug/connector is a big step forward compared to the old one, just a pain for people who have invested a lot in the previous connector/plug. Considering its been the same connector for 9 years then I'm not really too annoyed. I'll get a couple of new cables and will be fine.

TheWombat

I cant believe the millions of apple fanboys that are out there. They build an inferior product and people go apeshit over them everytime the upgrade the smallest thing!!! Their laptops are underpowered and overpriced. True they used to have a great op system but yes you can easily get a virus on a mac. My wife bought me an ipod touch 32gb for xmas a few years back when I asked for a cheaper mp3. I hate using itunes. Ive bought a sansa fuse and love it way more. As for phones, my wife is now on her 3rd 4s and I have a galaxy 3 which COMPLETELY kills the iphone 5 in every way! Seriously, the iphone is like a brick with one button and no upgradable memory or battery. And whats up with the headphone jack on the bottom? Its not hard to figure out that the iphones suck.

I cant believe the millions of apple fanboys that are out there. They build an inferior product and people go apeshit over them everytime the upgrade the smallest thing!!! Their laptops are underpowered and overpriced. True they used to have a great op system but yes you can easily get a virus on a mac. My wife bought me an ipod touch 32gb for xmas a few years back when I asked for a cheaper mp3. I hate using itunes. Ive bought a sansa fuse and love it way more. As for phones, my wife is now on her 3rd 4s and I have a galaxy 3 which COMPLETELY kills the iphone 5 in every way! Seriously, the iphone is like a brick with one button and no upgradable memory or battery. And whats up with the headphone jack on the bottom? Its not hard to figure out that the iphones suck.

Any product will have fans, whether it is camaro vs mustang, bmw vs mercedes, android vs ios, M&P vs Glock, Sig vs H&K, Obama vs Romney, ...

Now back to phones, it doesn't matter which is better and much of the judgement is subjective and/or personal preference. For me the iPhone/iPad combination meets my needs and I have little interest in Android Phones. Not because they are inferior in any way, or the iPhone is better - I just don't have any interest. I haven't found an Android phone and tablet set of products that MrsWombat is interested in.

For the way I use the phone I don't need upgradeable memory. Battery life is sufficient for my usage habits and I have no issue with a headphone jack on the bottom. I don't believe iPhones is a poor product, just like I don't believe some of the Android phones are poor products.

Each to there own - whether they are apple fanboys, android fanboys, or indifferent and just happy with the phone they have.

iTunes is disliked by many, I guess that's why they are releasing a significant new version this month

Enjoy the Galaxy, I'm happy with my 'inferior' iPhone. Isn't choice a great thing!

TheWombat

The good thing about the iPhones are actually the crazy fan boys, and how much they hold their value.

I havent had to pay for an iPhone since they debuted back when, In fact - I've made a substantial amount of money just upgrading to the new models.

I've always pre-ordered / bought an extra 1 or 2 and listed them on ebay and they've always sold for between 1200-1500 dollars. x 2 phones, and then selling my older model that i've used for 3 years for between 200-300 bucks.

So, I bassically make a couple grand to upgrade to the new models. Sounds Crazy, but it's fact. I'd be stupid not to go this route.

God Bles Amurica

Lol. I'm still rockin an iphone 3gs, but I think once this thing breaks, or I move to America, I am going back to an old school flip phone. I don't like being tracked.

Tracked for what? iOS and android tracking is largely about being tracked by advertisers and in the case of android (depending on your carrier) any shady app you gave permission to be installed form wherever. Why they track it, who knows. Mostly it is to sell your usage data.

AS for black helicopter tracking and physical location, flip phones cna be tracked too. All phones now have GPS in them for e911 and because the carriers can use it to push the parental monitoring tools for more revenue without actually having to do anything to their network.

If you want to be untrackable by cell phone, your only chance is to not carry a cell phone.