O-gre

iPhone 5

I racked up well over 2GB one month, and was never throttled. Speed stayed the same throughout the month. No idea what tethering is, so I can't speak on that, but I did picture messaging on the regular and never got a message saying I couldn't do it. And I would send out a weekly group message for airsoft never had a problem everyone got the message...

Was your phone a CDMA or GSM phone?

I racked up well over 2GB one month, and was never throttled. Speed stayed the same throughout the month. No idea what tethering is, so I can't speak on that, but I did picture messaging on the regular and never got a message saying I couldn't do it. And I would send out a weekly group message for airsoft never had a problem everyone got the message.

I can actually tell you streaming is going to end for Android, at least until they gain HTML 5 compatibility, but I don't know when thats going to happen. I know youtube worked for me, as well as several, uh, other streaming websites.

Android's built-in browser has had HTML5 support since 2.0.

Was your phone a CDMA or GSM phone?

Couldn't even begin to tell ya. Not a cellular expert, if you could tell me where to look I can give you a definite answer. I can tell you it ran on Sprint network.

Android's built-in browser has had HTML5 support since 2.0.

Good to know. Adobe never really supported Flash for mobile any way. I think Android had a basic version, but in the next year or so, Adobe is dropping a HUGE majority of Flash support in favor of the new standard; HTML 5.

Which if anyone has Xbox Live, you're getting Internet Explorer, and it sucks ass.

I'm a Apple hater. I do not use a single Apple product (including iTunes), and likely never will. The iPhone 5 is simply playing catch-up. The screen is a bit bigger, but by no means large (nor is it the best resolution among competitors). Faster processor was expected and is now on par with competitors. They now use another proprietary charging cable, rendering all the old ones you have useless without and adapter, which Apple has offered at the gouged price of $30 each. Still no SD slot support (seriously!?).

I'm far more excited for phones like the Nokia Lumia 920. Awesome camera, smooth operating system, stock wireless charging, and plenty of room to grow. Don't get me wrong, I think Apple products are good, but more of a status symbol or a fashion accessory than serious computing tool. For the money of a MacBook, I can have a laptop built from parts which will be just as good, if not better performing than the Mac with some money still left over. Combine that with Apple's disgraceful business ethics and I see no reason to do business with them.

Lmmfao Nokia? FAIL!

The new Nokia is no joke. It beats the iPhone 5 in several key areas, specifically screen resolution and camera quality. I also happen to think it's far better looking and the UI looks amazing.

I'm curious to see how well the Metro interface is accepted and used. From the few videos I've seen I could see it going either way. It could be very intuitive and functional.. or it could devolve into a complex and cluttered mess.

The new Nokia is no joke. It beats the iPhone 5 in several key areas, specifically screen resolution and camera quality. I also happen to think it's far better looking and the UI looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q8tlSDpVDI&feature=relmfu

All i gotta say is lol at nokia's deceitful representation of their wonderful camera. http://m.cnet.com/ne...ration/57507051As far as jumping on a less developed platform against the other two is risky. Nonetheless probably good hardware.Edit- Id rather wait for user reviews then company employees telling me how great their product is

All i gotta say is lol at nokia's deceitful representation of their wonderful camera. http://m.cnet.com/ne...ration/57507051As far as jumping on a less developed platform against the other two is risky. Nonetheless probably good hardware.Edit- Id rather wait for user reviews then company employees telling me how great their product is

I'm aware that Nokia misrepresented their camera technology in a rather embarrassing manner, however hands on tests with production models at promotional events have demonstrated that the camera is quite good.

When is he Nokia to be released. Will Verizon have it and compared to the galaxy s3 how is it.

From what I've heard, it's an AT&T phone. Not sure what the network availability is. If it is only on AT&T, it would be quite disappointing.

I'm curious to see how well the Metro interface is accepted and used. From the few videos I've seen I could see it going either way. It could be very intuitive and functional.. or it could devolve into a complex and cluttered mess.

I've been running on Windows Phone 7.5 since early this year and I really like the interface. Much more streamlined than Android or iOS (in my opinion). Others who see my phone tend to like the interface as well. The only thing holding me back it a lack of decent apps and hardware limitations due to running on an inexpensive HTC. The lack of Apps has been addressed in Windows Phone 8 with software that is more developer friendly. Hardware is going to depend on the device.

Both WP7.5 and WP8 make use of "live tiles," which are basically shortcuts to apps and other phone functions. What tiles you have on your "homepage" are up to you. WP8 improved that system by allowing the user to re-size those tiles to different sizes. How cluttered the homepage is depends on the user and how they choose to have it set up.

MrsWombat has her white iPhone 5 and is enjoying it.

iPhone 4 is noticeably lighter than her 3GS. Size wise it is fine and can be managed with 1 hand. LTE is noticeably quicker. Camera is good, resolution and panorama feature. Siri seemed quite good for sports results.

Summary; Happy Wife!

TheWombat

My 2 cents....... Apple sold 2,000,000, that's 2 million, pre-orders for the iphone 5 in under 24 hours. I guess these 2 million are the 1% we've been told about??? :lol:

Well. I am certainly not one of the 1%ers but the iPhone 5 I pre-ordered the first morning came in yesterday. Spent last night and today playing with it. Bye-Bye Android!

Picked up my iPhone 5 today (Black) and have to say I like it. I've switched from a BlackBerry so still trying to get used to the lack of a real keyboard - other than that so far a positive experience. I ordered via the Apple website at 10pm last night when they display available stock in stores for the next day. Drove to Garden State Plaza and while the Apple Store was busy - I was in and out within just a few minutes.

MrsWombat is still enjoying her one (White) that she received on launch day. A definite improvement from her iPhone 3GS.

TheWombat

Went to RTSP yesterday and decided to try the iPhone 5 Navigation for the return journey to see how it went. Was interesting...

a) I asked Siri to 'take me home'

b) the route taken by the iPhone was better than the standard 3 routes suggested by my car's inbuilt sat-nav

c) on a couple of the traffic lights on Route 10 the navigation thought I had turned of route 10 when all I had done was stop at the red light, hence it then told me to turn right to join Route 10. When the lights turned green and I headed forward/straight it quickly realized I was already on Route 10.

d) the only major issue was that it requested I take Exit 44 instead of Exit 43 from route 80. Exit 43 had been closed due to an earlier accident however I wasn't sure if the iPhone had taken that into account or was just misguiding me. (see e. below - it looks like the Apple Navigation was aware of the junction closure and hence routed me on an alternative exit)

e) repeated the same journey today and it correctly took me home via Exit 43 - so I assume that the navigation is aware of road/junction closures which is pretty cool as the accident had only occurred less than an hour earlier.

The interface is clean without a lot of clutter. I am happy not having additional information such as ETA, speed etc taking up the valuable space - however it would be good if Siri said the anticipated journey time/distance at the beginning when starting the route. A small compass on the top left corner would also be useful.

On one of the roads (I think it was I80 although would have to recheck, the navigation correctly asked me to turn of the road however didn't say the junction number. I assume this is a map data issue that will get fixed soon enough - it is not a limitation of the iPhone/iMaps as on other roads it has correctly spoken the exit junction number.

TheWombat