Donato

New from Franklinville, Gloucester County

I have been browsing NJGF for over a year now and finally signed-up. I am a proud NRA and NJ2AS member. I really started to get vocal and active regarding our 2nd Amendment rights after getting my first handgun about a year and a half ago. I never realized how backwards our laws are in NJ until then. To give a brief timeline I went from never shooting any gun at all about a year and a half ago to now owning a Glock 32 chambered in .357 sig, a Benelli Supernova 12 gauge with pistol grip, and a circa 1960 Colt Colteer 1-22.

I am well versed (by no means an expert) in federal and state gun laws and if I don't now the correct answer I say, "I don't know and I'll have to research that." I don't try to fake an answer or provide my opinions or perpetuate myths. I have Florida and Connecticut concealed carry permits so I can answer any questions regarding those processes. I also successfully represented my wife in overturning her FID card denial so I can also answer questions regarding that process. (It was pro se. I just provided her all the right information and things to say.) I am active in my community by regularly attending our township meetings and have recently gotten involved in the Gloucester County Republican meetings. I have some correspondence between myself and Senator Sweeny that I'll be posting in the NJ Gun Laws section of the forum which is rather surprising, then I remind myself what State we are dealing with.