Sign in to follow this  
BeachBum

Good Fishing Spots?

Stokes State Forest is probably one of the best places for trout in NJ (my opinion of course)...the Big Flatbrook is mostly fly fishing for most of the year but there are some areas that allow spin casting. Another good spot for trout is Ken Lockwood Gorge, beautiful place also

Lake Hopatcong has many different types of fish but a boat is pretty much necessary, there's a marina that rents boats, I think the cost is about $65 for 4 hours of use, including a motor with gas and whatever is necessary to comply with the law. I'm not 100% if you need a boating certificate from the state, but all the times I rented, I've never been asked.

bad64chevelle, the secret for bass fishing at MC is to be there early. There are allot of large bass in the trees that are standing in the water but they seem to be biteing in the early morning. A good friend of mine lives about a mile away from MC and fishes it in almost every morning before work. He uses 4 inch moter oil or pumpkin seed colored grubs on a weighted jig head. When i say early though i mean early he is usually out at first light.

Adam

bad64, the report from friday on MC is that the water is getting cold. The bass are cooling down and slowing down so it moght be a bit hard to get them to bite well unless we get a warm front for a few days i think the good bass action might be done for the season. you might want to try for some lake trout thay should becomeing more active and comeing into shallower water soon.