Sign in to follow this  
wwmarcww

went to Ramsey outdoor to get some ammo...big mistake.

went to the paramus location for some 9mm. Remington UMC was $17 a box and Federal was $20. I can go to BH and get both at $14 box. I'll stick to ordering online. Not to mention the 2 old guys behind the counter seemed like they couldn't be bothered when I went up to them and asked for some service.

went to the paramus location for some 9mm. Remington UMC was $17 a box and Federal was $20. I can go to BH and get both at $14 box. I'll stick to ordering online. Not to mention the 2 old guys behind the counter seemed like they couldn't be bothered when I went up to them and asked for some service.

I agree. The local NJ ammo prices are bs. I rather order online.

I picked up a 25 pack of federal 12 ga for skeet shooting only cost me about 8 bucks at Paramus. And the guy handed me the ammo and sent me on my way didn't even ask for my id to write it down. walked up to the cashier all by my self too.

Paramus store sucks. Got to go up to Ramsey or across the parking lot to Dick's. I like the guys up at the Ramsey store, and they treat me right, but the Paramus store is a different beast all together.

C

I picked up a 25 pack of federal 12 ga for skeet shooting only cost me about 8 bucks at Paramus. And the guy handed me the ammo and sent me on my way didn't even ask for my id to write it down. walked up to the cashier all by my self too.

Shotgun ammo most places don't ask for you FID as they do not have to write it down.

The last time I bought ammo at the Paramus store after I passed $100 worth of shells the counter guy pulled out a coupon for 20% off and gave it to me. Made the price competitive. Generally though, I buy in PA or Dicks when they have a buy one get the next half off sale.

My Ramsey (in Ledgewood) used to have great prices and be very helpful when they were in the old store... since they moved to the new store, higher prices, far fewer sales, alot more kid employees (inexperienced)... I feel like I'm walking into an EMS or REI now.

But I've been shopping there for years, so I've got a connection to the place... and I always have the monthly coupon on me, and alwys by enough to be able to use it.

I remember when the guy behind the gun counter told me

"you don't want hollowpoints."

Uh, yeah, I do.

"You don't want to shoot anybody with a hollowpoiny in NJ"

Uh, why? They're legal. You sell them.

"You don't want to shoot anybody with a HP in NJ."

Whaaaatever.....

I would have called him out on implying I would be shooting people with them. You know, make him feel uncomfortable.

Ha! I did tell him they were for home/personal defense.... I wonder if the guy was an ex-LEO or something...